 Year / 2001 / 82
Re: LEGO 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:37:05 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Matthew Teets writes:
If aliens really are that ugly, no wonder were always trying
to exterminate them or vice versa in popular media.

Heh.  I thought the minifigs were one of the few cool things
about Insectoids and UFO.

Scratch that... I really like the shoulder pads.  The rest of
those figs weren't all that hot.

The thing I'm happiest about is they don't have standard
minifig bodies.  I always thought this idea stank, I want my
aliens to be, well...alien.  I don't even care if they have
special pieces for their bodies, it just gives me more parts
to play with and more possibilities to build with.  On the
other hand, Blobs like Sebulba should have their molds
placed in the aluminum furnace.

On Sebulba: Amen, brother.

I do like the theory of having non-standard minifig bodies...
but the battle droids are seriously flawed in the hands and
feet areas.  Not only are the wrists fixed, they are fixed at
the wrong angle.  Many of the minifig tools are designed to go
along the top of the arm, and look really stupid along the
outside edge.  And some overbalance the figure.  The single
foot is also really lame.  Try to make a battle droid look
like it is moving- doesn't work.

I'd love to see an actual 4-armed minifig.  Heck, a 3-armed
minifig would be great if they got the license for the
Hitchhiker's Guide book series.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com