 Year / 2001 / 48
Re: LEGO 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:07:39 GMT

Moved from .starwars to .year.2001

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
FBTB now has clear scans of both the main and technic brochures for 2001.
Enjoy!

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb

Thanks, Tim!

Looking at...
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys06.jpg
... I can't help noticing the new (or perhaps renewed?) torsos... That
director vest hasn't been anywhere before, has it? Nor has the stunt-man's.
And the camera-guy's shirt looks new too, but I can't tell. Then there's
that ramp - looks kinda whacky - and I like how they used the SW engines as
lights. Also, there's theat 2x2 round clock tile! Awesome! That hasn't been
around since the older train stations, right? Plus, what about that black
apex slope in 1355, that isn't a very common piece, is it?
I'm amused at the dynamite box (and they're supposed to be peaceful? ;-)

I'm not quite sure, now, what's the function of those weirdo tubes in the
Life on Mars sets. Pumping air, or... what?...
The explorers seem to have new face(s), of course TLC ain't going back to
smilies... <frown>... and I won't even talk about those martians, hehehe.
Is it just me, or are the explorers kinda IP02-colored? Otherwise, I like
those new colors on the martian sets - purple, and that tinged green... is
it just my imagination, or is there a new shade of red there?

Well, now FBTB is down - I guess it's just too much traffic ;-) ...I'll
check back for the rest of it later, time for some hw!
-Shiri