 Year / 2001 / 31
Re: LEGO 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Sorry to follow myself up:

  Interesting notes abound on the fbtb scans Tim kindly
  did of the 2001 brochure.

  1) The top of the new TIE is a 4x4 radar with printing.
     Then again, the AT-ST side panels are 4x4 dishes too.
  2) There is indeed a black stormtrooper as pilot!
Now all we need is a three-fig "hero's" pack a la battledroids <set:3343>

  3) Finally the 6x6 "AT AT foot" piece is used as an AT-ST
     foot.
Are you sure, this is not really clear to me?

  5) Is it my imagination, or have they made a piece to mate
     click-hinges with Technic axles???  Oh, happy day!  And
Confirmed. There are two of these pieces in the Studios Cameraman set as
seen on my site in close-up <http://www.yellowcastle.com/set1357-2.jpg>

  7) Watto's Junkyard:  Finally, 8x8 flat discs in light grey,
     and even then with an excellent pattern for general use.
     Watto himself is made a la Chewbacca and the old Ghosts.
Too bad since his head won't turn and we can use the winged torso on other
minifig creations. I like the flat printed dishes here also. Does it seem
like there is an unusually high number of printed pieces in this year's
releases?

Ben