 Year / 2001 / 50
Re: LEGO 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:14:59 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Thomas Main writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote: • <<<Snip:  Bunch of good comments>>>

I like the idea behind the Mars stuff...the aliens look too cute to me,
though.

I hesitate to respond in such an "in your face" manner, but I consider this
an over-compensation for the last TLC alien race:  Insectoids

If aliens really are that ugly, no wonder were always trying to exterminate
them or vice versa in popular media.

The thing I'm happiest about is they don't have standard minifig bodies.  I
always thought this idea stank, I want my aliens to be, well...alien.  I
don't even care if they have special pieces for their bodies, it just gives
me more parts to play with and more possibilities to build with.  On the
other hand, Blobs like Sebulba should have their molds placed in the
aluminum furnace.

Matt