 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 541 – 560 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Sets

(...) Looks like 9V buffers on the front, just like the CGI train on the Harry Potter software box picture posted earlier. It also looks like the engine has a wagon plate for a base (2 plates high) like the MOT. The spacing of the front two wheels (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.540)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) I personally rather have the power sidings and use signals to control the movement of the trains. Layouts shown in the 7777 train book are generally impossible to recreate in a 9V layout because the sidings need power in order to run more (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.538)

  Re: Sets

(...) Why should friction be a problem? Those wheels could slip and slide like any other - it's only if you power them you need a good grip, and then you'd probably use a standard 9V train motor, which has tyres. It would probably make a better (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

9v, trains
(score: 2.538)

  Re: Prepare to cry: 2007 train pics........adapting metal to plastic rails

(...) here's the easiest way for me to explain this i can think of. new RC plastic track (URL) old metal rail track minus the metal (URL) to put metal on the new RC track in order to make 9v trains work you need to shave the top and sides of the (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 2.538)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) Mike, you might want to post a link to the track plan. (...) circle of track and provided another simple source of animation. (...) Well, I've got more pictures I need to upload, but I'll give some commentary on the setup and first day of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.537)

  APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

My attempt to model the British Rail Advanced Passenger Train set is progressing. The "real-build" ABS consist is: 1. cab unit (driver trailer second) 2. passenger car (trailer second) 3. passenger car (trailer brake first) 4. motor unit (non (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

9v, trains
(score: 2.536)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) OK, so if I understand this correctly, the track for 9V and 12V is actually the same gauge, the difference is purely electrical? (...) These sound like pretty nice features to have. Do either 9V or 12V have any type of Command Control type (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.535)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) See this post from yesterday on train compatibility for more information: (URL) >- The 12V system has electrical accessories which 9V doesn't have: (...) No command control, though a few folks have adapted DCC for 9V use (it would work equally (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.534)

  Re: Train compatibility?

(...) LEGO trains have a high degree of compatibility. The only real source of incompatibility is the electrical items. This means for example that 9V and 12V track and motors are incompatible, and neither will run on 4.5V track (though 4.5V and (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.533)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) Additionally, 4558 did not have the regulator (which is presumably why the picture of the 4548 box for the regulator has a picture of the Metroliner on it). 4561 does have some good parts, just ignore the instructions.... I would like to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.532)

  9v vs 12v

I am just getting back into Lego after a very very long hiatus. The recent photos from Brickfest and GATS have inspired me to invest in some Lego trains, so much so that I am selling off a sizable portion of my N-scale collection to finance the new (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.532)

  extra pate under 9V train wheels

Hi, I'm converting some 12V trains to 9V. To match the new motors as close as possable I want to have a plate _under_ the trainwheels. But while testing this 1 train had problems with a switch (it derailed) while an other didn't. Does anyone have (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.531)

  Re: new train cars, MOT or 9V cars

(...) I'd very much like it if the train portion of the database were modified to be more generally usefull. My organization would be something like: trains - push - engines (includes MOT) - train sets - 4.5v - engines - sets - accessories - 12v - (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.531)

  Some 9V questions of a 12V user

Hello everybody, I have been reading this newsgroup for quite some time, and have some questions of my own now. I use the 12V train system, which I think is still the best of all, but I do like the 9V Metroliner that is coming out. Because of this, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.531)

  Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea

(...) Actually, the magnetic couplers would be the limiting factor before the strength of the person pulling the train became an issue. I'm sure someone here knows what the critical number of cars is before the lead coupler can no longer bear the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 2.531)

  Re: End of 9V Trains protest layout idea

(...) Does the fixed two-axle type freight car offer more resistance around curves compared to modern swiveling trucks like I imagine it would? Or would it depend on the length of the car itself compared to the curve radius? (URL) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 2.530)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Only the prices for the collectors item. I wish Lego to serve both groups as I said, but at the moment Lego works "against" the collectors. I see no advantage for TLC to do so: the collectors make the prices for used stuff high. this helps TLC (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.530)

  Re: Some 9V questions of a 12V user

Yes, you can use the 12V signals (7860) on 9V tracks, but you have to make some modifications yourself. See more on Frank Buitings site: (URL) Geronimo <fgw@dds.nl> wrote in message news:GHLGzs.Bt2@lugnet.com... (...) do (...) I (...) track, (...) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.529)

  Re: Train Set 113 Advice?

(...) approximate year the set was released...if it was before 1991 then the train will certainly not be 9V. If the set was releases in 1991 or later then it will be a 9V train. [Also, the train sets that are 9V are generally set numbers 4xxx, while (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

9v, trains
(score: 2.528)

  Re: Some 9V questions of a 12V user

"Ferdinand Geronimo" <fgw@dds.nl> wrote in message news:GHLGzs.Bt2@lugnet.com... (...) do (...) I (...) track, (...) I was also a 12V fan at one time and ran into the same questions. It is very unfortunate that set 7860 signal light does not exist (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.528)

More:  Next Page >>