 Administrative / Database / 1277
Re: new train cars, MOT or 9V cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:22:27 GMT

Frank Buiting wrote:

Hi,

Not to be nitpicking but I was wondering if the new train cars (caboose
etc.) should be located under
LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > My Own Train
instead of
LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > Train Cars (where they are now)

The box-art clearly classifies the cars in the 'My Own Train' line. On the
other hand, they _are_ train cars so some looking for the set might go there
to look for it. What is the criteria? Any thoughts?

I'd very much like it if the train portion of the database were modified
to be more generally usefull. My organization would be something like:

trains - push - engines (includes MOT)
              - train sets
       - 4.5v - engines
              - sets
              - accessories
       - 12v  - engines
              - train sets
              - accessories
       - 9v   - engines (none currently)
              - train sets
              - accessories
       - track - 4.5V
               - 12V (points, conductor rails, crossings)
       - cars - passenger
              - freight
       - structures - freight terminals
                    - level crossings (including 7866 even though it's
12v)
                    - stations

I'd lump all the structures which come with track under structures
regarless of the type of track supplied. Train sets imply a set with
engine and cars, but not necessarily track or regulator. 4626 goes under
cars - freight.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com