 Trains / 12535
12534  |  12536
Subject:
9v vs 12v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:29:08 GMT

I am just getting back into Lego after a very very long hiatus. The recent
photos from Brickfest and GATS have inspired me to invest in some Lego trains,
so much so that I am selling off a sizable portion of my N-scale collection to
finance the new trains.

My first question (because I am sure there will be many, many more ), before I
spend any money, is whether I should choose 9v or 12v. Which is most readily
available in the US? Which are more/less reliable for operations? Which have
more/less variety in terms of available kits, etc?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions, ideas, comments.

Henry