 Trains / 706
  economics of set 3225

There has been alot of talk about the classic train again lately, so I grabbed my shop at home catalogu to give it a look. First, I still do not like it based the same reasons everyone else doesn't like it, but economically... 3 pairs of wheel sets (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

Chris, Yes, it is still available, I got the new Adventurer cover (Spring? I have to go look at it now! OK, Spring 1999 titled Jungle Adventure - Pretty neat picture!) page 9, bottom. $66.00US. I thought about this train a lot, and I think it is a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) You can make it even more economical if you sell off the extra 2x6x2 windshields to someone like me. (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

Paul- Is it me or are you woozie with 2x6x2 fever? Are you thinking of the 4565? (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

I finally completed my 3225 Classic Train last night. It is very relaxing to build at the end of the evening. I have to agree with the majority of previous posts, it is a weird little train. It is cute, but the cars just look 'odd'. The best car (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

It's not a caboose. A caboose has a cupola or a bay window, or at least, a work area for the conductor. It's not a pullman. A pullman has beds, washrooms, a porter's office, etc. It's a coach. It's really pretty simple to remember coach, I think. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) John - I think Paul's referring to the two extra 2x6x2 windshields that come with the classic train set #3225. They're used for alternate models. Ed (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

Larry! What sacrilege. How could TLG be wrong? If they say it is a caboose, it must be! Just put on your Town Jr. glasses and then make a decision as to what it is. (Just kidding, I know it's a coach) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) Hmm...another reason to buy it. Are the 2x6x2'a clear or are they clear blue? Are there any other special parts that are not shown in the picture. Thanks, Chris (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

The 2x6x2 windshields are clear blue. I think those are the only parts not shown on the front box picture. -- Bryan Christopher Masi wrote in message (...) blue? (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

OK. It is a coach. Larry, have you seen the spring S@H catalog? The catalog has 3225 pictured and points out "Only caboose available for Lego trains!" :) Bryan to wife - "Can you hand me that coach car?" Wife - "Its a caboose... And say please." (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) Maybe a little woozy. But building town vehicles with the 6 wide windows make them look better. Check out some of the fire truck pages. (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

I've just finally been spurred by this discussion to go and take a look at the piccy of the train. That looks seriously _cool_. Where do you get them???? Does the fact that I'm in the UK mean I can't get one? *lust* (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) Yes, and welcome to the debate, even if you've come a bit late. Been thrashed around a bit already. I'd probably have let it slide if you hadn't introduced "Pullman" (1) TLG is wrong. A thing is what it is, not what someone claims it is. This (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) They are only available from Germany and USA IIRC, however I'm trying to get Busy-Bee to import them, they got the 2126 Train Cars and 2150 Retrostation sets from Germany imported from a store, when the manager phoned me (or I phoned him) I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

Hay, The TLG has been wrong for years! Long before Town Jr. just look at some of the old S@H catalogs. Robin :) P.S. I like this set(3225) good parts at good price but I think they can do better. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) Blimey! I've just looked those sets up. 2150 is exactly the same as the station I've got, except it's red instead of yellow. That looks incredible. I want one of them as well. Oh dear. I'm not going to have any money at all soon. I'm going to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) While we're being pedantic, it's not TLG that is wrong, it's the US Lego Shop at Home service that is wrong. S@H may be part of TLG but it is not TLG. S@H (and LEGO Systems Inc of North America) seem to make up their own names for things (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

It is *I* who is more than a little dazed for not knowing those came in the set! Although I have 6, only one is yet opened and assembled by my kids, so I wasn't even aware of them:^p My apologies to you, Paul:) And I applaud you and all other who (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) Which I can attest to. He's clueless. He's been building an 8 stud wide locomotive at the GMLTC(1) meetings 3 weeks in a row now and hasn't progressed much beyond the fuel tanks and frame. Just kidding. John is trying to get it PERFECT. And it (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

(...) In two weeks, youth hockey will be over and then I'll have to bring some of my stuff to a GMLTC meeting, just so I can actually put some faces behind some of the names. (25 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: economics of set 3225

I resemble those comments! ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)