 Trains / 4689
Re: Train Stoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:28:39 GMT

Scott A wrote in message ...

Not 100% related to this post, but I've been think of somehow getting a
train do the following when it reaches the end of a line:

1. Slow Down
2. Stop
3. Reverse

Has anyone been able to do this?

Scott A

While I'm still rather new to trains (even though I recieved the 7722 in
December if 1989), my first train project in a *long* time was a model of
the VAL Metro in Lille/Toulouse (either one, both are lovely). I don't know
how practical it is to actually mount the RCX inside of a train body (since
I don't know anything about the new 9v trains, really), but that's what I
did with this model. A light sensor points down onto the track. A white 1x8
flat plate spans two ties, and is mounted so that the end of it is in the
centre of the station platform. The train aproaches, decelerates, and stops.
At the end stations (Metro Centre and Alsthom), the train reverses. South
Grove is a pass-through and is only accessed by westbound-trains. I should
mention this isn't really anything more than an automated busway,
considering my system is using rubber tyres (which was my main goal) for
support and guidance with steerable bogies.

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/

(Sorry, no html as of yet!)

    Iain (having fun with rubber tyred transit models!)
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr
ICQ UIN      5362826