 Trains / 4678
Re: Train Stoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 01:34:38 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I have played with this problem unsuccessfully. My theory is that
something that can take the collision force HAS to be placed so as to be
against the ties, and further, shear must be counteracted somehow.
Everything I did comes apart after about 10 collisions. For springback
action (unprototypical but easier on the works) try the cyberslams
dart/rubber bullet thing??

Well, I don't feel so bad now. If the Great Larry has difficulty with the
stoppers...

Seriously though, I have seen stoppers with springs in RL.

I don't expect it to take HUGE amounts of punishment. Just the kind when it's
rolling to a stop after being disconnected. The one in the Train Wash set
seems pretty good for durability but all the impact is on the magnet holder
of the car.

If anyone can show a pic or two of some examples that would be wonderful.

Dean