 Trains / 4680
Re: Train Stoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:57:38 GMT

Jennifer L. Boger wrote:
(forgive me because I've forgotten) one of the people in our group (wamalug)
created some stoppers that have the little spring loaded things that are in the
4559, 1728, and a couple of others... so that when the train hits, it bounces

That would be me, like Jenn said they use the spring things from 4559.
They
hold up pretty well.  They DID stop my GP-35 at full throttle(1).
Important Safety Tip: Only try this on a carpeted floor.  At the WAMALUG
show they successfully stopped everything with only one derailment that
I saw.
Pretty good since we were all newbies with DCC and we don't keep up on
our
switch positions.

-Chris

off a bit... they haven't broken off the track (like some of our previous
designs) or anything... you just have to make sure you're not sending the train
into them at full speed (why would you do that anyway? :)  I think there might
be a picture somewheres.. i'll look for it.