 Trains / 3838
Re: LL Trains (was Re:8 wide and bigger(was Re: 8 Wide)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:59:19 GMT

I checked when I was at LL CA and I am positive that they are 16 studs.  LL
CA uses a different kind of track than LL Windsor or Billund, I believe and
so the scales of one LL train might not match up with another LL train.

I personally will not go to the 16 wide scale for layouts.  It is just too
much for a LEGO motor, or group of them, to handle.  If I wanted a Garden
Railroad, I would get a G scale train.  I want something indoors and that
means Lego 8 wide is about as big as I can get.

Mike Poindexter

Tom Stangl <toms@netscape.com> wrote in message
http://people.netscape.com/toms/Legoland/Legoland-07.html

Pic 403 - http://people.netscape.com/toms/Legoland/Legoland403.jpg

This leads me to believe they are 16 stud, it looks like there are 3 4stud • wide
sections divided by 1x tiles, and the outside edges are 1x.  Then again, • the outside
edges could be 2x, making them 18studs wide.

John Neal wrote:

Thanks, Russell, although they give nice views of the yard, etc, they • weren't quite
close enough for me to be able to count studs;-(

-John

Russell Clark wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Mike, et al-

I have begun construction of a 14 wide box car [1] and am suddenly • very
interested in the scale of the LL trains.  Does anyone know how many • studs wide
those babies are?  I am looking for some good pics on line, but can't • seem to
find any.  Didn't someone post some nice detailed train photos from • Billund?

-John

Try my web site: http://baylug.org/russellc/99carlsbad/
Check pictures legoland0089.jpg through legoland0107.jpg.
These might be of help. Sorry for the quality, but it was raining on • the opening
day.    :)

Russell