 Trains / 2720
2719  |  2721
Subject:
More Questions from Another Train Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:10:48 GMT

Hi,

Someone recently mentioned the fact that 9V tracks can only handle a limited
number of motors/engines (whatever you call them).  Also, puting multiple
motors on the track will result in each motor getting less "juice"
(current?).  Is it true that using multiple motors in one train will result in
an increase of "power" (be able to pull more), but also a decrease in speed?

Second, is there any point in connecting two speed regulators (with two
transformers) to the same set of tracks?

Also, what is a "buffer"?  I assume it's the black piece where you attach the
magnet and the coupling to.  Most commonly, it's attached directly to the set
of wheels at a 90 degree angle... Hope I'm correct.

Um, that's all for now.  Thanks in advance.

Bryan