 Trains / 2724
Re: More Questions from Another Train Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:55:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Bryan Wong wrote:

Is there any point in connecting two speed regulators (with two
transformers) to the same set of tracks?

No, and if you aren't careful, you can damage them.

I'm going to disagree with John2 here - there is a time when multiple speed
regulators would be handy:  If your layout gets to be so large that you're
getting a voltage drop on the far side of the layout.  The GMLTC is starting
to get see problem on our layout, we're thinking of adding a second set of
speed regulators on the opposite side of the layout.  (The main lines on our
layout are around 65 - 70 feet long...)  You definitely need to make sure your
polarity is the same, otherwise I'm sure there would be problems of some sort.

(dream mode)
Someday we want to get a bunch of train clubs together to set a new world's
record for the longest Lego train track.  I'm thinking one circuit around the
concourse of the Metrodome in Minneapolis, that would be around a half mile.
I'm thinking we'd need 25 speed regulators - or more!
(/dream mode)

John1