 Trains / 2723
Re: More Questions from Another Train Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:43:18 GMT

Bryan Wong wrote:

Hi,

Someone recently mentioned the fact that 9V tracks can only handle a limited
number of motors/engines (whatever you call them).  Also, puting multiple
motors on the track will result in each motor getting less "juice"
(current?).  Is it true that using multiple motors in one train will result in
an increase of "power" (be able to pull more), but also a decrease in speed?

Yes, this is my experience.  I find that multiple motors help with traction.
Speed, however, hasn't been a concern.

Second, is there any point in connecting two speed regulators (with two
transformers) to the same set of tracks?

No, and if you aren't careful, you can damage them.

Also, what is a "buffer"?  I assume it's the black piece where you attach the
magnet and the coupling to.  Most commonly, it's attached directly to the set
of wheels at a 90 degree angle... Hope I'm correct.

The buffers, specifically, are the round balls on each side of the coupler.
Eurocars use them as fenders presumably.  They aren't found in the US.

Um, that's all for now.  Thanks in advance.

HTH,
John

Bryan