 Trains / 22937
Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 04:56:27 GMT

You got me thinking and, they *can* work alongside each other : )
Check it out :
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/moonbase/tracks.jpg

And just to prove that I really spend way too much time in front of a
computer screen, I made some low polygon, mockup, moonbase elements in
MLcad to try out ideas for layouts:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/moonbase/layout.m.jpg

I was trying to re-create last year's moonbase setup at Brickfest.  I'm
not sure if I used the right number of tables (6 ?) or if the size of
the tables is correct (3'x 6' ?)

PLMKWYT
-JSM

Purple Dave wrote:
The advantage to that design is that the area between modules should already
have 8-stud/9-brick clearance, so as long as the train isn't too high, it should
be able to pass through safely without any major modifications to existing
modules.  The advantage to the path detailed with the official Moonbase standard
is that it can run adjacent to a module, rather than below it, allowing for
cargo to be offloaded into a warehouse, or attached to a standard Moonbase
corridor.  Unfortunately, since the straights are 16-studs long instead of
8-studs, you can't do both with unmodified track.