 Space / 33643
Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 19:26:54 GMT

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Try as I might with Track
Designer, I can't get a 2-piece or 4-piece S-curve to line up nicely • without
resorting to use of at least one point.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Have any of the Moonbase folks tried using TrackDraw[1] for moonbase design
yet?  I don't know if all of the elements are available yet but quite few of
them certainly are.  I know that most of the baseplates are available now as
well.[2]

In the TrackDraw forum there was a discussion about the Racer track having
the same geometry as Duplo train track.  The Duplo track has already been
modeled for TrackDraw so I suspect (if it hasn't already been done) that
extending the work done for the Duplo track to the Racers track won't be a
gargantuan effort.

Mike

[1] TrackDraw - Cary Clark's application for design layouts -
www.trackdraw.com.

[2]  TrackDraw is still very much still an Alpha product but at this point
it is very usable.  I used it to do the layout of the NCLTC GATS layout last
month.

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com