 Trains / 19946
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:44:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Hendrix writes:
I just got through purchasing 4 rotation sensors for that very reason for my
lift bridge (http://www.cei.net/~rhendrix/lego.html - in Creations).  I will
be adding the 4 rotation sensors and an additional rcx to my bridge sometime
this year.  Out of 32 motors, I could never get 2 that matched perfectly.  I
believe some of the problem may be caused from different length wire, as
well as, non-matched motors.

-Rob
the length of the wire has nothing to do with the speed. the problem is that
one motor, the first one on the line, is getting most of the power. the
motor at 9v, 12v or 115v that doesn't mean thats the exact amount of power
that it uses, it will take a little bit more, leaving the second motor whats
left, causing the slower speed. so basically one might be functioning on 10v
while the other is at 9v.
stevenx