 Trains / 19930
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:23:37 GMT

Very nice.  We had a lift bridge in our last display as well, but it
couldn't run very many times before the crawlers would de-synch.

This is the best pictures of our new ones that I have:

http://www.gmltc.org/gmltc_12-08-02/pages/DSCN0725.htm

I like it because it looks like Ross Neal is pushing the submarine through.
Each bridge runs it's own powered track with a stud of track jump on either
side.

-J3

In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima writes:
hi everyone,

a friend asked me to build a drawbridge for a train display.  so this is=20
what i came up with:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3D42077

it is loosely based on the Hawthorne Bridge in Portland Oregon:
http://www.bizave.com/cgi-bin/photoalbum.cgi?photoalbum=3Dpdxbridges&slideta=
g=3DHawthorne

there are 3 spans.  each span is 96 studs long.  the center section lift is=
=20
about 64 studs high.  the bridge is amazingly strong, though i'm not really=
=20
sure how much weight it can hold.

bob

=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=
=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4

Bob Kojima
ko@fial.com
http://www.bong69.com

Fial Incorporated