 Trains / 18123 (-20)
  My latest train MOCs...

(URL) got the idea for these from an HO Walthers cataloge. The first design was a completly black car with a white strip along it with a white door. Then I changed the design to be a colored car with a black window line. It might be a bit hard to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) Well obviously it's because I deleted the part that was relevant to trains before posting it. If you had bothered to read the part I didn't post, it would all be clear to you. My train-related question, since Tony's engrooved bricks first (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

I'd like to say that this is one of the best layouts ever; from the sub-structure on up! I don't know where to start and I'm speechless, so... WOW. SteveB (left wanting) PNLTC (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) I'm wondering why this leaked over into .trains... I would say that if there are only 2 bins, "official LEGO(r) parts", and "everything else" these parts belong in the "everything else" bin. But the better solution is a different bin (library) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H4DvpE.K4C@lugnet.com... (...) at (...) of (...) for (...) It was a large layout, with very diverse sight lines. 275 pics is a lot. That's why I did the many pages of thumbnails. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Cars

Hi Jeff, Critique to follow, don't mean to be too negitive :) I just looked at your car and wondered why 7 wide? I don't see how the 7th stud did anything for you on this design, the foot print is still 4 wide between the 1x2 tiles with-rod-on-top. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) I wonder--since these parts still have the official LEGO logo on the studs, would they even have a place in a clones DB? You've mentioned previously a possible library of dats based on user-modified elements; perhaps Tony's bricks would fit in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) A lot of people use laptops, where 1024x768 is most common, and that still required scrolling. Most of the time, I didn't bother since I could see enough of the image. Older folks also usually run at lower resolutions so they can read text (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

(...) Yup the Chairlift operates, It was built by David G. We actually had a working one last year but David changed the cars. I thought it was more reliable this year, although I only was at the show for about 3 hours. (...) This is another one of (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Cars

(...) Nope, I just had a quick look, I think what you see is a 2 x 2 tile, which does make it look odd.. Sorry for the high angle, I installed the l3p add on lastnight, and did not get a chance to figure out the angles... Thanks fr the feedback! (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one)

Dear Lego Enthusiasts! Today the biggest (and greatest!) Lego Fest ever will find its end. I myself had the chance to attend Legoword 2002 in Zwolle/Netherlands for 3 of the 5 days. So here comes my brief report about it: "LEGOWORLD 2002 HAS BEEN (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it) !!

  Re: Container Cars

(...) good thinking! That problem with too tight grip by the well of the car means that even the hand cranked cranes in, for example 4549, don't always grip snugly enough. I tried using 1x2 thinwalls but the tile with rod on top solution seems (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st NovaLUG Meeting at Truro (NS) Train Show

(...) Congratulations! Loved all the monorails! Also the incline with slanted car, and the 4.5v display items. Clever battery box disguise! I am taken by how much action you managed to pack into a small layout. I'm also impressed (and pleased) that (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca.nb, lugnet.loc.ca.pe, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

(...) Very nice. There are a lot of images to go through though, to get a sense of what's all there, though. This may be one of the few times I was wishing for less to look at. I liked the chairlift: (URL) (and others) ... can you give more info on (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Like my shark? =) There's plenty more details which didn't make it onto the site, so I hope I can get more images up! (...) I find a mousewheel quite useful in such situations! I've been to some galleries where the prev/next options are on the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Very nice. Looks like a very impressive layout. Lots of great details. However you might want to consider rearranging some of the graphics along the top of your gallery pages so that the images fit onto an 800x600 (that's the current design (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Cow & calf switcher engines and my (pathetic) train layout

(...) I think you just need to resize. It's not about composition so much as scaling down what you take after you're done. For example this one (URL) at 1972x1272 could easily be resized to say 1/4 the size with no loss in impact. Most image (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Derailment, recovery and rail repair

(URL) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Container Cars

For our next train show rtlToronto is planning an automated sea to rail shipping yard, I have been looking at a few of the container car designs around from James Mathis and Thomas Burger.. both designs are wonderful, but after building the wagons (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cow & calf switcher engines and my (pathetic) train layout

(...) Well, you know what they say about the sincerest form of flatterty... (...) I was wondering when you would. (...) Yeah I'm still new to digital photography and have the toughest time making them smaller and still fit the subject in the frame! (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact