 Trains / 15478 (-20)
  A study on a train front....

I came up with a nice simple way to make a train nose. I was playing around with some small 2x2 ramp parts and came up with this design. (URL) looks more like the nose of a tram, but I am sure you all will think of many uses for it. So take a look (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

(...) Just another speculative theory: Maybe Brad just meant they took the first 5 ever produced engines out of the production, not the numbers 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004, 0005 (which would lead to the problem with the too big number of 10000.) So they (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

(...) plate. (...) My theroy is that nobody at LEGO really thought about this and you guys are obsessing on minutia (:-)). Perhaps this thread should be moved to off-topic.geek (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief dark gray hand holds.

(...) Indeed, a note on the box saying "the colour of same parts may vary" will do little for their sales. What worries me is that this is the second set this has happened with inside a year - ultimately the costs of these errors are paid by us. One (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

Maybe the 10,000th 10020 SF Engine won't come with a small red 2X1 tile with the production number on it, but with A. A larger Tile, possibly a 4X1 smooth tile with the LEGO logo on it and the production number next to it (both on the same tile) B. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Super Chief (Kjeld was right!)

Hmmm...although I'm not much for trains, these are very interesting designs. Maybe I could try building a design similar to this for my space hover train (which is still under construction). Anyway, I like the designs. However, I would make my (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  What do you get when you pays your money?

(...) Indeed. Excellent question and one I would suggest is best dealt with elsewhere except I have no idea of the best group to suggest. Perhaps lego.direct? I leave it to someone else to set followups. Now, my 2 cents on that question. I think it (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

I remember it as LEGO was going to auction them - probably on eBay - and donate the procedes to charity, the same way they did with the giant minifigs, behind-the-scenes LEGOLAND tour, former display model and whatever else that I can't remember (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

(...) Maybe that is the one sitting on Brad's desk right now :-) Pure speculation ofcourse, but if by a stoke of dumm luck this would be true, I think he earned it. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

I scanned the transcript of the session with Brad Justus and remember reading that 1 through 5 were set aside. I didn't see anything about them being auctioned on eBay. Did I just miss that comment? For some reason, I was under the impression that (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

From the Session with Brad Justus (VP of Lego Direct) at Brickswest2002 it was stated that Engines 1,2,3,4,5 were taken off the production line was done and would be auctioned off on ebay. Knowning that I would have to say NO a A0000 was not (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbering

(...) With a very small font I suppose? Personally, I think TLC should have made a limited edition run of 10020 engines since that's the number of the set :-) - Bob (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Video and Audio files of Brickswest 2002 Up!

I've just finished uploading all the video/audio files that I had on brickswest. You can now see them and various other brickswest related items on the OFFICAL Brickswest section on brickshelf. Matt will be uploading more images real soon. (URL) the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Numbering

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but the flood of Santa Fe postings has made it hard to read everything. A total of 10,000 Santa Fe engines have been produced. Since each engine gets a tile with the letter "A" followed by a four digit (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any VIA Rail MOCS? Any VIA loco/car photos?

Hello, I am glad to see some other people interested in VIA Rail. I myself have taken Bob Hayes' F40PH and transformed it into a VIA F40PH. You can veiw that here: (URL) Browns coaches can be veiwed here: (URL) for sites with VIA pictures on them, I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief dark gray hand holds.

(...) Such a statement, if it is to have any real force at all, should appear prior to purchase in the catalogues, the website, on packaging, etc. -- anywhere and everywhere where it may have prevented the purchase had the buyer but known the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief dark gray hand holds.

(...) Check your shipment packaging carefully before you discard it. The separate package referred to (in many posts prior to yours, but this group is quite overwhelming to read lately, so you may not have taken the time to browse before posting) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief dark gray hand holds.

There was an error in packing the 10020. You should have got a separate pack containing the parts you seek - it will be noted on your invoice. If you did not, contact s@h and they will help you out. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief dark gray hand holds.

Hello. I am brand new to trains. after seeing the Santa Fe Super Chief in the latest S@H catalog I couldn't put off buying LEGO trains any longer. yesterday a Super Chief, A green engine w/tender and 2 green passenger cars arrived I built all 4 as (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Porthole alternative

Come on Lar, I think we can all see the difference between posting a message saying XX parts now in my brinklink store, and a link to an image that shows a valuable building technique which also states in the image (and not in the original posting) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact