 Trains / 14592
  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Prolly the better question is "has anyone managed to put a motor back together again and had it work?" GRIN. But I do not remember seeing any pics of the inside of one (unlike the train motor, there are several out there, as people disassemble (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I would actually be somewhat pleased if I got it apart and couldn't get it working again but still got it together as something for playing with a multi-car train with a dummy motor providing some of the connection. Think: monorail-car motor (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I've been told that hauling this much weight (which applies to either arrangement) can be really bad for the motors. What experience do you have with this? Do the motors take it well? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: ... (...) The four car monorails have been run for eight hours straight and multiple days (on one battery) with no visible ill effects at train shows. The monorail surprisingly runs at exactly the same speed up (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:Gq045z.Fsw@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) Think: (...) monorail (...) have (...) Actually, Cary and I have our four car monorail trains configured differently. Cary's has the motor (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Oops... That will teach me to rely on my memory, somehow I thought one of you had re-arranged your cars (I do remember that Mike's was as described when he first showed it to me - perhaps Cary switched to the motor in the center). Oh well, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Cool. Have you run one on a track that includes reverses, or did the monorails just run loops? I wonder if the additional weight might cause a bit of trouble when the motor suddenly switches directions. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I usually try to avoid the crashes... I'm thinking about trying to implement a crude block system that keeps two cars from doing this. First, I have to come up with a reliable motorized point! In another post, Mike gave this link with a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Why? Don't you just need a way to stop the monorail under RCX control? That requires a reliable motorized reverser/stop control track it seems to me... (I have been tinkering but don't have a good design yet, the thing you pivot is very stiff (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Eh, Larry, do you have a digital camera I might borrow? I've recently acquired a monorail motor, I thought I might have a go at dissassembly of it. I'm sure my friend who loaned it to me won't mind. ;) (Hey! I thought you all said Monorail (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) FALSE. You were LOANED one for a specific purpose. :-) (...) I'm sure he would. In fact I'm certain of it. Did I mention he has a concealed carry permit? :-) (...) Um, I dunno. I don't have any mono resources on the trains page but I guess I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:Gq1nvs.I13@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) the (...) of (...) The reversing switches work just fine, we have had some problems with using the automated switching feature of the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) The RCX is often used as a very expensive and overengineered way to solve simple problems. Sure... I *could* try that approach. But I'd rather do it mechanically. And $200 (or thereabouts) for a relay would cut very deeply into my Lego budget. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) "acquired", "loaned", these are just semantics you're playing at. :) (...) Oh, well, in *that* case. <innocent whistling, sounds of a Dremel fade away in the background> Umm, the motor is fine. Just fine. Anyone got some white plastic-like (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: ... (...) ... Here's some pictures of the cover; let me know if it's not clear enough: (URL) train runs fine forwards and backwards. As Mike Walsh remembers, running backwards, it can't push closed a switching (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Well, I did actually start the thread in .town and .space in addition to .trains. To me it makes most sense to discuss monorails in .trains because they have the general characteristics of a train, and are heavily used by train folks (it seems (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Who said that? :-) (...) All kidding aside, and even though monorail is an orphaned product, does it make sense for them to have their own group? I dunno, which is why I ask. I can't remember, I may even have asked before about this. The three (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) <snip> (...) Remark that rechargeble batteries have a LOWER voltage (8.4V) than a regular battery (9V). This causes a speed difference, and there's also some tollerance om those toy motor speed too. Take a test with some train motors, 2 (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)