 Trains / *6169 (-100)
  Re: model of ac 4400 cw for Santa fe red and silver BNSF...

(...) Nice for USTrash :). But, to answer your question, yes a 3 Axle truck will clear a corner, I had them under my dinner car for a while, and they will corner if you have the axles right in a row. James P (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: model of ac 4400 cw for Santa fe red and silver BNSF...

(...) Nice for USTrash :). But, to answer your question, yes a 3 Axle truck will clear a corner, I had them under my dinner car for a while, and they will corner if you have the axles right in a row. James P (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

Yep, that clears it up. You think the low slopes (the 4x3x1, 2x3x1, or 1x3x1) would make a better nose. I thought you meant the 2x2x2 steep slopes. Thanks, Chris (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Yeah, it does look like a long engine in one of the pics. I actually have to fix the front coupler, it swings out too far on the curves and derails the cars when backing up. Now we have enough horsepower to pull all those heavy cars Tom is (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) On the front of the engine where there currently is a 4x4 yellow plate and a 2x4 yellow low slope peak brick. I used this to represent the pointed front of the engine. Some other people have used 2x4 slope bricks to represent the point. I (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone have pictures of current US passenger trains?

(URL) was the first result returned with (URL) ) -chris (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

Christopher Tracey wrote in message <392B4DAB.6F264949@e...nk.org>... (...) I did use the 45 degree slopes, I know the angle isn't perfect, but it still gave a good look for the size of the engine. I built the engines on the long red train plates. (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new train pictures

(...) I actually like the black roof in the Rheingold cars, it's a good contrast to the white and blue colourscheme. IMHO overall the Rheingold Express coaches looks _very_ good (neat little touches like the destination plaques etc., effective round (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new train pictures

(...) Hi Frank! I love the small classic passenger cars in white blue. In fact I was planning my Rheingold Express in that colour scheme, but I had to use a black roof at last, since I found no sloped corner bricks in grey. And the shape of a round (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Just cool! I really like it. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  model of ac 4400 cw for Santa fe red and silver BNSF...

did a SSWWEEEETT little model, find at: (URL) wondering if the trucks will take the turns! LMKWYT! TBurger (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Chris, I do not know what you mean; I am being dense. Could you explain a bit more. Thanks, Chris (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone have pictures of current US passenger trains?

(...) Yep.. try www.trainweb.com, or search for it. I bet half your results will piont to reservations and ticket sights. (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new train pictures

Hey, that is great. I really like the engine, and it seems strange to mention, but I really like the backwards kerchief on the engineer. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Actually, if you remember that the plate on which the trains are built are 2 plates high, from the bottom of the car to the bottom of the window is 2 bricks and two plates, just one plate short of three bricks, or just one plate short of being the (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) a very long engine, which would have been pretty cool too :P But I don't know anything about trains... :) Dan (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Does anyone have pictures of current US passenger trains?

Does anyone have pictures of current US passenger trains (to use as a reference). I am taking about the ones that have the red white and blue striping or whatever (arent they called amtrak or something like that?) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Hey Chris that gp-35 is bad-a**! i like it. i got a few designs myself(all cad though) all at (URL) or (URL) I plan to do online instructions for the dash 8 - 40 loco (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Thanks James! The angle on the front has bothered me for a while. It's too shallow to be represented by the 45 degree slopes, but I am happy with my current solution. When I rebuild these eight wide in a few months I am going to try to use the (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

Chris, The GP-35s look great, even better now that you've added the twin. Its so hard to get that front end to look correct (even with 8 wide I would think), but you've done a good job of it. I could easily tell what kind of engines they were by (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GP-35 Revisited

Tonight I rebuilt my EL GP-35 and constructed a twin for it. The new version fixes some mistakes and adds some new detail. Let me know what you think. (URL) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Single Bay Loco shed

Here are a few shots of a recent single bay engine shed I just finished for the show this weekend. The shots aren't too great, I'm using an older digital camera (Kodak 40). This weekend we'll have some much nicer cameras on hand for some good (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUGNET, but not Trains...

Here is the scan (URL) Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Allan" <nick@clunyterr.u-net.com> wrote in message news:Fv0wDI.E4r@lugnet.com... (...) has (...) found (...) to (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  new train pictures

Hi, Pictures of my new steam locomotive are up! LMKWYT! (URL) also took new pictures of my little steamer: (URL) Buiting Visit the LEGO Lexicon: (URL) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for an autoloader

(...) Nope an Auto loader, like that goes with Autorack cars (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for an autoloader

(...) Like for what? I have a coal loader, complete with NQC program...and the matching unloader as well... Look on my web page, (URL) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The NGLTC gets "tagged"

(...) LOL! That's fabulous! -Shiri (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  The NGLTC gets "tagged"

(URL) thought I'd share, so be nice if you see me in traffic. jt -- James J. Trobaugh james.trobaugh@ngltc.org North Georgia LEGO Train Club www.ngltc.org (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: LUGNET, but not Trains...

Sorry the URL should be (URL) but as Ben has already given out the URL it doesn't actually matter. Nicholas Allan "Nicholas Allan" <nick@clunyterr.u-net.com> wrote in message news:Fv0w9s.Ds2@lugnet.com... (...) action (...) peeled (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUGNET, but not Trains...

Believe me, everyone noticed and various noises were made about legal action as well! The thread is titled 'May-June Mania Magazine' and can be found here (URL) be warned though, the thread starts to veer off into different ngs very quickly so keep (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUGNET, but not Trains...

(...) Try reading the long 100+ message thread about this subject here(URL) Ben (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUGNET, but not Trains...

See this thread: (URL) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) the (...) The former, I think. It was a 4 door sedan. I thought it was a rebadged Passat but Torsten said it was a Golf/Jetta rebadged. It was a diesel. ++Lar (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  looking for an autoloader

anyone got a cool design for an autoloader? TBurger (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) It was a tdi-diesel motor. I don't know with how much horsepower, but I think we where not going too much over 200 km/h. In fac,t I think Larry wasn't fearing for his life, but for a bunch of Lego sets in the back which we bought before. (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 Classic Train engine

Thanks for the info Jon. I never put the stickers on, so I don't have to look at them! (...) actually (...) (US=Switcher) (...) model (...) this is (...) (sometimes (...) door, (...) generally (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed

How does that compare with the scale speed of other model trains? Or in general, how does 3 mph compare with other model trains, not considering scale. (...) <snip> (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) the (...) These new Skodas are destroying jokes that are legendary, like what do you call a Skoda with a sunroof - a skip. What do you do if a Skoda overtakes you, walk faster. Soon these jokes will die off - don't people think about this when (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows II

(...) These are classed as train window bricks. They are from sets 137, 164, 182, among maybe others - Pre 1980. Carbon 60 (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed

(...) I should note that these tests used a bare motor and a few 2x6 plates. I think the top speed with my GP-35 was about 2.5 mph or so. -chris (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Windows II

I think I have found some train windows. They are 1x2x2 trans clear with a frame over printed in white. Off an older train I think but which ? Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed

Using 1 stud = 1.25" (which is 8 studs wide = a 10' wide train car) it ends up being 128 mph. Of course, pulling some 8 wide cars will undoubtedly slow that down a lot. Mike Poindexter Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3926EE0B.9E36BF...est.net... (...) Is that John Neal, the man who puts 4 wide trains on HO trucks, 14 wide on G scale trucks and recently tried to convince others to forsake Lego track (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) The addicted kind;-) (...) Oh, you are absolutely right. TLC got the window shape down perfectly. Of course, scale was never an issue in Billund anyway. For all intents and purposes, use those babies! And thanks for that bit of revelation (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

All right. All of you...hands on the wall where I can see them-- this is the on-topic police. You are all under arrest..... ;-) John (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) Which Skoda was this? The new 2.0 Golf engined one or a very special 130 Rapide? I hope you are going to say the latter. Jon (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Well... It's only been a few days since I started to seriously consider eight wides and you are already trying to get me hooked on 14's. What kind of pusher are you? :) I do see what you mean about the size of the windows... but the shape of (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) I have seen the watches in Zany Brainy, though I think just about the first time I saw them, they were on clearance, and mostly all they had was the Time Cruisers one, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the space one also in a ZB (I have yet to (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

That's the good news. Here's the bad news.... Look at how tall the windows are in that pic. They are about as high as the distance from the bottom of the car up to the bottom of the windows. A LEGO train window is 3 bricks high, so that means the (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed

(...) Supposedly you can enter in the diameter of the wheel to calibrate it. It would be interesting to enter in the minifig scale equivalent diameter for the wheel and get minifig-scale speed measurements. KL (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest June 9 - 11, 2000 Washington DC, USA!!!

fut: lugnet.org.us.wamalug What: BrickFest 2000 When: June 9-11, 2000 Where: Washington DC, USA Web : (URL) is an across the boards announcement about the upcoming BrickFest!!! The BrickFest will include a train/town display, a castle display, (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) year, (...) It's "fairly" common in the US, in that I have seen it at the VA outlet, the LIC in MN and the LIC in FL, all of which I've been to within the last 6 months. However I don't think you'll find it at any of the normal stores, just (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Windows

While purusing the "EL Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment" I came across this photo of a Pullman car that has a window design very similar to the standard train window. It also seems to use a solid piece of glass not one with the line (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Speed

Using the new speed computer (URL) Stembel and I discovered the top speed along a ten foot section of track is about 5.42 km/h (3.37 mi/h). Of course, there is no replication on this experiment since we only tried one motor. The computer also read (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  mornin train fans!

I got some cool models done this weekend, in brickshelf gallery (URL) new is a UP autorack from LDraw. And for those who have ldraw a mpd file is there as well. LMKWYT. Tburger "again I stand against the faceless man" - CREED (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  News from the North Georgia LEGO Train Club

News from the NGLTC : Free display at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall, May 27th On Saturday May 27th the NGLTC will be presenting a layout in front of the LEGO Outlet store at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall in Dawsonville, Georgia. This (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl) !

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) Since I am a well known Lego®-fan, what should I do with a cocain dealers clock like a Rolex? of course I wear my original Lego-Watch-System® clock in the coul colour blue black grey. it has a very cool self enlighting star map and a (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive

(...) Thank you. (...) Cornering, of course, is the rub when creating larger locos because of the unnaturally tight curvature of the track. We are trying to design something that works yet in real life is impossible. So compromises are inevitable. (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Nice Steam Engine

I was looking at this site: (URL) and saw the steam engine at the top of the main page. That is one of the best and most detailed I've seen. Alan (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive

Sweet job. I especially like the black rail that runs around the top of the engine. It adds a very nice detail. How well does that thing round corners? I have found that with the longer wheelbase you sometimes run into coupling issues. Any insight (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reference Photos

(...) We meet in Minneapolis-- a leisurely drive from Ohio......not so much;-) We will hopefully, however, be having a big train show in Milwaukee in November so that might be a fun road trip. -John (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Reference Photos

(...) Yes... I'm starting grad school at Bowling Green State University in August. Where does the GMLTC meet and how far is that from Bowling Green? -chris (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) hopper (...) 4.10am? Is that the time on your Genuine Rolex watch or perhaps a slightly less genuine one? It is so late that it's early. Jon Ps - Ben, do not get that watch wet, the gold will turn green and the face of the watch will have (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive

Just beautiful. Love the contouring on that front end! Gotta run. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Some new pics of mine :)

Okay, James, that metroliner diesel with working pistons is just cool! My son and I have been planning on building an 8 wide Shay with running pistons, but after having seen yours I'm inspired to build some diesels as well:-) Man, we gotta get you (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Some new pics of mine :)

Whist not as nice as John's, I have put up some more photos on my web page, of locos. I really have to sit down with all my locos and take a bunch of photos...some of these are not all that good. (URL) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive

  Re: New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive

(...) And what a engine it is! (...) Yep, even if it is 8 wide :) John, a really nice job of making this loco. What are you using as the driver wheels though? It looks right nice as far as a loco goes, even if it is bigger than my creations (such as (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive

I having been working on and off on my 8 wide Hiawatha loco since last winter and have finally finished it:-) It is an Atlantic 4-4-2, the original engine to have pulled Milwaukee Road's famed Hiawatha train which ran between Minneapolis, Minnesota (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build) !

  Re: modifications page

(...) TBurger (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reference Photos

(...) Ohio?!! According to the LUGNET LTC map, that would put you in the boundaries of the GMLTC{:^D Good thing you're making the switch-- this here's 8 wide territory;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Reference Photos

(...) I was just standing there, coupling some cars together and it 8 wide envy just came over me... maybe it was an epiphany :) Actually, there were three factors that might have won me over: a. a appreciation of how far the car overhangs the width (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reference Photos

(...) Two questions, Chris: 1. Why did playing with N scale trains induce 8 wide envy, and.. b. Why is that unfortunate? I'd say fortune and enlightenment have smiled upon you;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) <snipped some blah> (...) I thought of that, and have seen that construction by others. I used the Paradisa corner windows because I thought they more closely approximated the curvature in the windows I saw in the Marklin model of this train (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Reference Photos

(URL) has some pics I just uploaded of some N-scale models and some real ones also. Unfortunately, after playing with the N-scale ones all weekend, I may have been biten by the 8wide bug... -chris (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) Car (...) James,another beautiful model! I tought many times about building a TEE train (8wide,of course),but I haven't windows enough! What about using 2x4x2 (or 2x6x2) windscreens,instead of Paradisa corner windows? And just one more (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  modifications page

I have completed a modifications page for the 4563 engine, (URL) far all I have are pics and the dat file, soon I will have povray instructions to LMKWYT Tburger (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) him>;-D (...) In fact Larry is coming along to a short visit in Brunswick in a few hours (no hoax). Maybe he brings a hopper as a small present? ;-) Regards, Ben (now going to bed it's 4:10 am local time) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

I've tried to make a likeness of a TEE (Trans European Express?) observation car to complement the 7740 passenger train set pulled by a likeness of the German DB103 (my version 2) electric locomotive. The observation car uses 1/4-circle curved-top (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) Why wouldn't he? *He's* the forger! But I bet he doesn't have a Larry hopper car, and if he wanted one, I wonder what "special price" Lar would give him>;-D -John (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train collection completed

(...) come (...) Ben, are you SURE you have all the 9v sets after this deal? I mean ALL the real 9v sets plus ALL the fake ones? Jon (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 Classic Train engine

(...) Hello Ryan. The 3225 Locomotive has generated a lot of derision on LUGNET but I actually like it partly beause it is Lego's only recent attempt at a steam engine. I think it is supposed to represent a typical European shunter (US=Switcher) (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me- Ludo's trains

(...) Thanks for the interest. I'm thinking of redo the Belgian locomotive. Same color sheme but 1 brick less high. He can't pass under my bridge !! The model is created with MLCAD and the .dat file is available at my site. Now i'm working on the (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me- Ludo's trains

Ludo's web site: (Sorry) (...) must (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New to me- Ludo's trains

I do try to catch all the train stuff that comes through this group, but I must have missed your site, Ludo. So wonderful to see more train models, as I just a few days ago saw your web site again. I don't recall having seen the two locomotives (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

Hello, Ludo! Thanks VERY much for pioneering this operation for me. I have now fully repaired my 12v motorized track switch box. :-) Very happy it now works. I went home during lunch and soldered the thin coil wire back onto the inside plug (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

(...) Hi Folks! It was originally glued on four sides. After opening, i glued it back together with special ABS glue. I found this in a shop where they sell models (airplane, cars,..) Pictures says, in this case, more than words, isn't it? regards, (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

(...) One possible explanation for this (since I have washed many bricks and noticed this sometimes, but not most of the time): Dirty bricks will have a layer of grit on them which could throw off the tolerances, and will increase wear, especially (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.general)

  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

(...) first (...) 4.5V (...) At the age of maybe 5 to 7 I built a paddle steamer too, but I used the red swimming hulls of set 311: (URL) I built it with a gap in the middle for the paddles shaft and placed my 103 motor avove that. (I dared to use (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

Thanks, James! I'll try to get this hooked up tonight. Melting the plastic is a concern. We'll see if I'm worthy. Thanks for the advice. later, James Mathis (...) to (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

(...) _small_ iron, using low melt solder, and lots of flux. I use a Antax 18W, 12V iron (but, it is british, so you are not likely to be able to get one). Otherwise, a Temp. Controlled iron, or run a small (25W) iron using a Variac (Variable (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

After a couple of hours, my 12volt points motor gray box is opened. I damaged the top cover slightly at its base along the flange at one corner. The damage is a flex/cut through the flange caused by too strong of a cut into the very small gap (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego layout from the seventies

(...) See if you can?? You mean try NOT to spot any :-/ That's what got me about 1/2-1 hr with a Model Builder at the LLC Grand Opening weekend - my grousing about all the parts in pink, light blue, green, and brown that just weren't purchasable. I (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

(...) Ben, we have _got_ to hear the story of this! I used to make paddle "steamers", using Electical tape and Lego (the tape seals the Lego up quite well...except across the bottom...) I don't have any pic's here, and I doubt there are any at (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

(...) At least the long sides, but I fear it have been all four sides.... Regards and good night (0:30 am) Ben (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

Thank you for the photograph of the opened gray motorized points box, Ben. What a task to open that box! Which sides of the gray box were glued together? - the long sides or the short sides? Thanks. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

Thanks for the information, guys! Now, to justify the space that my layout may "require" to my wife. later, James Mathis (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

(...) Dear James (and whoever might be interested in this also), I took the point motor from Ludo and opened it again (was hardly glued now). And I took a few pictures to put the best of them on my homepage here: (URL) direct picture link here: (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

(...) I just wanted to confirm: I totally agree with the opinion of James Powell. Light bricks might be shortened in their expected lifetime by to high voltage. With 9 V they shold last for a very long time. The Lego® motors (especially the older (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  3225 Classic Train engine

I recently acquired the 3225 Classic Train. My interest is rather new for trains both in real life and in LEGO so I have no idea how realistic this engine is. It seems odd to me that there is a lever at the front of the train. Would it be more (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact