 Trains / 5979
Re: new train pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 10:11:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

I love the small classic passenger cars in white blue. In fact I was planning
my Rheingold Express in that colour scheme, but I had to use a black roof at
last, since I found no sloped corner bricks in grey. And the shape of a round
ended roof was more important to me than the colours. But then the black roof
forced me to do it without the nice blue line above the window, since that did
not fit with the black.

I actually like the black roof in the Rheingold cars, it's a good contrast to
the white and blue colourscheme. IMHO overall the Rheingold Express coaches
looks _very_ good (neat little touches like the destination plaques etc.,
effective round roofs, great colour scheme incl. the grey trucks)

But seeing your waggons I think I have to do some new long waggons in that
style (just bought another 5550 last week).

The main reason I made the small cars is lack of doors for long coaches :-(

Your engines are great too, of course!

Thanks!

--
Frank Buiting