 Trains / 5980
Re: GP-35 Revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:17:21 GMT

Christopher Tracey wrote in message <392B4DAB.6F264949@envirolink.org>...
Thanks James!  The angle on the front has bothered me for a while.  It's
too shallow to be represented by the 45 degree slopes, but I am happy with
my current solution.  When I rebuild these eight wide in a few months I
am going to try to use the three deep slopes and see how that looks.

I did use the 45 degree slopes, I know the angle isn't perfect, but it still
gave a good look for the size of the engine. I built the engines on the long
red train plates. I'm probally going to go back and remove the plates and
stretch out the engines to remove the cartoon look that goes along with LEGO
trains. I wish I could use three axle wheel sets on the front and back, I do
have have three axle sets on the back of the engines.

I find the hardest part is getting the windows on the front to look proper,
I think I spent a week with different configurations till I found one that
stuck.

I have actually just build a matching set (three actually) of SD-45s.
Hopefully I can get some good pics of mine this weekend to share.

Wow- thre SD-45's... I've been thinking about doing an SD-45 but I am
lacking brown bricks right now(gotta get the MTT :)  Can't wait to see
the pics.  My next project is going to be a SW7 or SW9 switcher, if I
can
gather the bricks...

-Chris