 Trains / 5975
Re: GP-35 Revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 04:21:57 GMT

Christopher Tracey wrote:

James J. Trobaugh wrote:
The GP-35s look great, even better now that you've added the twin. Its so
hard to get that front end to look correct (even with 8 wide I would
think), but you've done a good job of it. I could easily tell what kind
of engines they were by looking at them.

Thanks James!  The angle on the front has bothered me for a while.  It's
too
shallow to be represented by the 45 degree slopes, but I am happy with
my current solution.  When I rebuild these eight wide in a few months I
am
going to try to use the three deep slopes and see how that looks.

Chris,

I do not know what you mean; I am being dense. Could you explain a bit more.

Thanks,
Chris

I have actually just build a matching set (three actually) of SD-45s.
Hopefully I can get some good pics of mine this weekend to share.

Wow- thre SD-45's... I've been thinking about doing an SD-45 but I am
lacking brown bricks right now(gotta get the MTT :)  Can't wait to see
the pics.  My next project is going to be a SW7 or SW9 switcher, if I
can
gather the bricks...

-Chris