 Trains / 5940
Re: Train Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 17:46:48 GMT

That's the good news.  Here's the bad news....

Look at how tall the windows are in that pic.  They are about as high as the
distance from the bottom of the car up to the bottom of the windows.  A LEGO
train window is 3 bricks high, so that means the distance below the windows
should be 3 bricks as high too.

To make a long story short, the LEGO train windows are *perfect*......for G
scale, or 14 wide scale.  Using them in 6 wide trains or even 8 wide throws
the scale off, unless you are modeling certain Eurotrash passenger cars
which utilize larger style windows.  Soon I will take some pics of my tour
de force, a 14 passenger car and you will see what I mean.

-John

Christopher Tracey wrote:

While purusing the "EL Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment" I
came across this photo of a Pullman car that has a window design very
similar to the standard train window.  It also seems to use a solid piece
of glass not one with the line through it.

-chris