 Trains / *4482 (-20)
  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) As far as I know, we haven't had much of a problem with pieces getting mixed together. Every members track are marked on the bottom side in some way(black marker, silver marker, etc). A few of us tend to borrow each other's pieces. Right now, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

(...) <snip> (...) bit... Crossposted to .build... it's THAT good. Modern American locomotives are lumpy. They have weird louvers, access panels, pieces of equipment protruding, doors in strange places, bulges, etc... Christopher has captured the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

(...) I did this for my 5 unit container car. (URL) this pic: (URL) this one: (URL) another topic: This car does not do well on grades, there is no lateral flex in it so it tends to work the tiles with center Technic stud loose from the bogies... (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

You are correct sir! Actually, I thought of that for a different, and discontinued, project, but it had not occured tom me for this application. To bad I only have them in red and white. Actually, I worry that the studs of the technic plate are (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

If they use a Mindstorms like comuter brick then no modofication to the motor should be need. The computer brick would control the voltage...D'OH! I just realized the problem...the motor cnanot get current from the rails and the computer brick at (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

(...) Right, unless it's shrinkwrapped. But the question is, should it have pieces that are from the same era? That is, pieces that COULD have been, but for the luck of the draw, in the box originally? The most purist among us will admit it's (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  gmltc on an ip

I found a spot to stick it at work again, but I haven't registered a DNS server yet, so it's still by IP only. (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

(...) Isn't it rare for an old set to have exactly the pieces that came in the original box? KL (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

It's fine to use new parts if you disclaim it in your listing. An informed buyer is a happy buyer. It's also fine to use new parts if you're just rebuilding it for yourself. IMHO. (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion

(...) give (...) The problem should be fixed now, a little script at the start of the page selects the right stylesheet for Internet Explorer or Netscape. Netscape seems to handle tables with background images wrong, so the Netscape version has no (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Designer newsgroup?

I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. What I think is needed is a group for exchange of files similar to the dat newsgroups and a group for further development etc. Maybe with such low traffic they may be one group to start with. Just a thought. (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

In article <Fq6uu6.5tH@lugnet.com>, ffilz@mindspring.com says... (...) So that would rule 1990's 2x4 bricks out because they are thinner walled and have teeth to grip the studs. I came across this problem when rebuilding old sets and I'm not sure (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

Subscribing to a mag is all well and good if you have time and space... and it's to be recommended to die hard 'heads, but the Cyc is indeed a great source, as far as it goes. Amazon has it for 27. I'd recommend it as a comprehensive reference. The (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

(...) Hardly, the real protoheads subscribe to Extra 2200 S, _the_ diesel spotters mag. They came up with the version labels that are often used with engines (eg, a F7 Ver VI or such...) covering the details. The Cyclopedias are however exelent (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

Mike- I commend you on an excellent model! Building regular GPs will seem tiny by comparison;-) Using scale models from which to model is an excellent idea. I got razzed by the GMLTC for buying an HO GP50 dummy to model from ('course, they razz me (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed surges

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) observe (...) goes (...) does. (...) angular (...) I have also noticed it... not just in the Lego trains, but you will see it in HO, N and other trains, too. I believe Ben is right. Not just 'cause he's an ME. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4559 Engine Canopy

It was available in black in many sets. Grey was available only in the Flying Time Vessel. White was only available in one Diver set. Those are the only colors it was ever released in. Mike Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

Or you can use a 2x2 tile with a a technic peg connecter sticking up from the middle. (Commonly used to mount helicopter blades) I have a tank car built as such and I am pleased with the rigidity and smoothnes of operation. Ben Fleskes PNLTC <snip> (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4559 Engine Canopy

Doug, I don't think it was ever produced in yellow, I have seen it in Gray and Black. Scott S. (...) ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  4559 Engine Canopy

The Black framed canopy that apeared in 4559 Cargo Raiway (and also in a ResQ set) was it ever produced in yellow ? If so is it in a current or recent production set ? (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact