 Trains / *22550 (-20)
  Re: Container swap, haven't heard from these clubs

(...) Dear Rob, thanks for your efforts concerning the container swap! But for the next year I would suggest an earlier invitation and call for partizipants. I know the ILTCO is so far more or less US dominated (I even suggested to call it therefor (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) So, if I understand you correctly, the "new" motor would consist of two parts: -Part A, motor and headlight connector (already attached to wheels?) -Interchangable parts B and C, one being that dummy plug you mention (default in every (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Added points in Bricklink

In my bricklink shop i have just added 7856 and 7858. In Sealed boxes but not wrapped in plastic. (URL) Jonasson raffej@telia.com ===...=== (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC at BrickFest

(...) I will be getting back in town the weekend of BF, and my calendar is booked solid up until then, so it is not likely that I could prepare anything (although I could probably help Mark, if desired). There is the possibility that I might be able (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) become (...) control, (...) What would be really nice is if Lego built train motors that accepted the plug-in style DCC decoders. The motors would ship with a dummy plug that merely routed power from the track to the motor and headlight (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Container swap, haven't heard from these clubs

COLTC EJLTC ITLUG NALUG NBLTC NELUG NOLTC PNLTC RichLUG SCLTC TCLTC VLC WAMALTC WWLTC Official Roll out is Monday. The completed list of participants will be posted on the side bar of trains.org for your viewing pleasure. Of those that want to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: DCC at BrickFest

(...) He is out of town for part of the weekend. I think (hope) he's helping Mark with some background material but he can't be the presenter if I understand what he's communicated to me correctly. (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  A brief reflexion on power sources

Hi all, When browsing Brickshelf's catalog database tonight, I came across this text from the 1969 belgian catalog: (URL) simple terms, it states something that appeared obvious back then: a child would first own a pushtrain, then a battery-operated (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

(...) Well yeah, 17 feet may be a bit too long... (...) Yes, a few points of electrical isolation would be needed, especially at the wye/loop on the right end. (...) Sure thing - I think it would be great to get some more creative layouts that still (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: DCC at BrickFest

Lar wrote....... snipped (...) about. Is this a first? :-D.....GD&R Seriously.....I am looking forward to the LDCC presentation.......Hope someone can step up to the plate. Not to drop names or anything ;-).......But can Tom Cook do it? Since he (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  DCC at BrickFest

Hello train fans... we have a bit of a problem and I need your help. Mark Riley is in the process of putting together some really great material on DCC related stuff, including basic info, LDCC concepts and information, and some neat advanced stuff (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

(...) It's a good reference, and I'd probably scale it back some to fit table dimensions. There's an incongruous electrical connection that needs to be removed, however, as you've got polarity reversed on the right end of the yard. The right-most (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) I just added GtwLUG and the new GMLTC info to the Master List! Lets keep it going... we may go into the 30 plus numbers. Keep that info coming... in a week or so I'll start a new list with just BrickFest swappers. See (URL) for PDF or TXT. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

Hey cool! Nice work, my only thing I noticed that would be a problem is it's 17ft long! Anyway I will definitely put it to some good use at least as reference. OnDrew <-off to make the yard 8-wide compatable. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) Hi Thomas, thanks for sharing these further pictures without the logos in the center of the track layout. Do you have an idea, if this very layout has been published in one of the books like 238, 239, 241 or 242? (it is too hot, too late and (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Gray-era flip open boxes / Question about Blue-era flip box

(...) Hello train collectors + experts! I have not too much knowledge about the boxes of the cars in the 80ies. I am only familiar with the sets 7813 (no flip) and 7819 (flip). But another question came up at r.t.l these days: What about the box (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Geometry for Yards

I've been musing on track geometry.... Consider these assumptions. I assume these are fairly well known. Or at least, I didn't discover them myself; I found them either on LUGNET or some website. A1. Two points with a diagonal straight in between (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Another video...

Stay a while... Staaaay forever! (URL) please download to your system before viewing. This video clocks in just over 7 minutes and is approx 75 meg. It's a compilation from the footage from Sunday. I was late arriving Sunday so I don't have video (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) FYI, in American English the term is "inner tube" and "tire". "outer" would be redundant. --Bill. (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: 2003 LTC Container swap)

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HIFMM7.FqD@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) to (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Yes it does. As someone who personally spent almost an hour with the fine TSA folks at the San Diego (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact