 Trains / *10269 (-100)
  Re: Bulk pack 3737

(...) Send the plates back. One way to make the LEGO Company realize that quality is slipping is to return defective items to them. Is there a consumer services phone number? (I think there is, but I cannot remember.) Chris (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) I could say that black is black, and I'd get an argument from you guys:-) (...) Good luck squeezing 20 into the space of my 6. They will all have to be Pizza Shacks;-) (...) Exactly. That's the great thing about skyscrapers-- they are very (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

John proportionality is important, but I don't think your buildings are too large. Perhaps their layout is too small??? :-) Actually the best look is what I call the "cluster look". It looks better if you have large structures in groupings. Say 3 (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) Yes John, we're "listening". Since your 'inside voice' is approximately the same volume level as a jackhammer, it's hard NOT to listen to you. Of course we still don't agree with you... Would you rather have a town of 20+ smaller buildings, or (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) but (...) Laurent, I think you're speaking about the windows in this set: (URL) smaller sets of this theme had them ,too. Kim Toll spoke about the use of these windows for F7 engines a few days ago: (URL) Fleskes used these too: (URL) prefer (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Round Windows

Hello folks, I remember having seen a Train or Loc using some 'round windows'. I guess the window came from the AQUA set (# ????) with a yellow submarine, but I can't find the reference. Would anyone knowing this previous posting or anyone who have (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk pack 3737

(...) Yes I purchased 2 late last year and one is warped so bad if you try to use is it, it constantly derails. The other one had a slight bow lengthwise but once you put bricks on it it flattened out. I tried putting weight on the warped plate and (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk pack 3737 (quality of bricks)

(...) Yes, some of my German friends have made the same experience: the cars can not be driven on track without derailments, because of the warped black 24x6 baseplate. "Leg Godt"! Ben "Quality of new Playmobil is better than the one of todays Lego® (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Bulk pack 3737

I've bought another 3737 train wagon plate. Ploblem is, the plate is so warped that I can't use it. I thought of returning this to LEGO S&H, but decided to keep it for the bogies (trucks) anyway. This has happened to me once before, does LEGO know (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) here is a pic, but the reason for this cover isn't really snow, but it is the same concept: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Technic Tank Treads/Coveyer belt!

(...) Havn't tried, but it sounds great, I may try that. I'd think 1x1 round plates would work. Josh (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) Yes, They are the original purchase, BNSF has a few left overs, but most were sold and Wisconsin Central ( (URL) ) was the largest purchaser. WC is now supposed to be bought out by Candian National, if the Gov. will let them. josh (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

We didn't say they were too large, we said they were out of line with the scale and theme we wanted. I want tall skyscapers too, just at a different width and length. <grin> -John (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) John,your tall buildings are more then welcome at our train shows(MichLTC).I love my tall buildings and plan to make these 4 corner/center of town buildings (URL) as tall as this red one on the right of this picture (URL) Of course i tend to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) I'm glad you said that, Gary!! Are you listening, GMLTCers;-D (They feel my buildings are *too large* for the new layout! One of my skyscrapers is 3 feet tall, which would make it over 6 feet tall when it sits on the module:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) Yes, the primary purpose was to cut down on wind resistance, but other related advantages included: easier access to machinery when loco was in motion, passage along motive power was obviously safer when in motion, they were easier to clean (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Layout in Tallinn February 17/18th.

Hello friend! On February 17th/18Th there will be a LEGO(c) train layout at the Danish Culural Institute in Tallinn, Estonia. The address is Vene 14, 3rd floor in the old town of Tallinn. (Homepage: (URL) - here you will also find a map of the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) Not only BN ran these (named F45, FP45), and the walkway isn't covered for that reason. Wisconsin Central has the most right now, but the marron & gold is hard to model. Here are 3 pictures of BN F45's: (URL) this locomotive has one to cover (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) I agree with what John had to say. But this seems like as good a place as any to say that I came up with another way to do 5-wide hoods. Instead of using 1x2-tiles-with-center-stud plates I have started using technic beams. The beams are good (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

Hey Mike- Nice job on the 8 wide! I like the turned sideways doors for front windows. I am trying to think of an all green line, and the closest I can come to is BN, which was actually black on top. So, you could convert all of your green on top to (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

this is my first try at making an 8- wide diesel train. Ran a little short on green. I think it needs to be a little longer. (URL) any feedback appreciated! -Mike Knuepfel (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4561 Remake cars

(...) A fitting set of companions to your VIA loco. Consider adding some yellow striping at the beltline. I think these demonstrate what a few bulk windows and doors, and a few blue bricks, can achieve using 4561 as a starting point. Nice work. (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Town building contest: getting close to the wire - please check entries already entered

Just reminding everyone that the last entry date for the Town building contest is Feb 15th (specifically, midnight PST on that day). Please, email me rather than posting to the newsgroup (it's much more certain that I'll get your entry) and give me (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests) !

  Re: Lightweight show tables

Note - if you want to spend a bit more money in the search for even lighter/thinner tables, you can build ones similar to Frank's, but use BIRCH plywood strips in place of the 1x3s - birch plywood is extremely stiff and light for it's size. Use 3/4" (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train movie is up on Brickshelf.

(...) 4565 has never looked so good before, and the bridge is impressive. -Harvey (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4561 Remake cars

(...) Wow, looks good. Josh "Dang cookies, I accidently deleted mine for here, had to make another!" (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: 4561 Remake cars

Here are some cars i made using 1 1/2 Rail Way expresses. (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Trains

(...) Actually, from what has been posted over in .robotics, it is not going to harm the RCX to use the track power, except if you have 2 or 3 of the outputs loaded down. The prefered input to the RCX is AC, because it contains internal diodes, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Trains

(...) You're forgetting something important - as the load on the motor increases (e.g. pulling more weight), the current it draws will increase { Power (W) = Voltage (V) x Current (A) }. You only regulate the voltage with the controller, not the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Trains

If I run my trains at 3v, then two Lego Solar Panels can provide ~3v. Looks like I have another project after this one. As for powering the RCX through the train track, I had not thought about having to run the controller full tilt to power the RCX. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Trains

(...) Wait a minute, that Capicator (i think thats how i'ts spelt) can give around 3V! (...) Now that would be cheep... Josh (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Trains

(...) Hmm. I tried powering my train motor off a battery box, connecting to the electric studs on the top, and it belted around the track. I guess you're using slow speed mode from the RCX? I'd be a bit worried about how much power the RCX can put (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) Of course the powered DUPLO train is battery powered. They do still have a push train (though it doesn't come with track - a good decision for DUPLO I think, at that age, kids may not need a track). One thought I have is that many LTCs could (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) This would be a great way to break in, and an even more affordable price point. As to the income thing...That's what I meant by saying "barely" - 60 bucks is a lot of money to a kid, but can be done; a $5 a week allowance is not uncommon, I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) It's not exactly the tone. I guess it's just that no-one else can really follow an answer along the lines of 'I know, but I can't tell'. (...) Well, thanks Larry. I've always had model trains, just not LEGO ones because they're too expensive. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) While we're asking, why did *Brio* go powered?? To me, Brio was the last hold out of the old-school, traditional toy train. But have you seen Brio lately? (Have you seen Brio *prices* lately?;) Not what we played (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G8Hw6M.409@lugnet.com... (...) I'll see - but from what I've heard about who will be attending, it doesn't look like its very possible. Causing problems - hmm, I doubt you'd cause (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) I suspect that an unpowered train wouldn't exist to serve the 'system OK, power bad' market segment, but rather the 'train set under $120 (US)'. If LEGO were able to release a complete train set (more than 1 car, and track oval) for (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) Excellent analysis, Frank! I just have to question whether people will pay 75 for a push train when for 60 more they can have the excitement of powered operation. Why did Duplo go powered? When I was buying Duplo for Taya (9 years ago when she (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) Well, right now, you could put yourself a "push" train the following way: $45 3 3737 Train Accessories $26 2 4520 Eight Curved Rails ---...--- $71 You then use your existing collection to build an engine and two cars. Unfortunately this points (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) I certainly don't think so! Discussion is great. Asking questions is great. Intelligent speculation using what is publicly known and what business literate people know about how businesses run is great. And you can divine some remarkable (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) I'm very grateful, but I don't intend to cause any problems, particularly so close following the Train Summit. It was just another suggestion, one among many I'm sure. But, I would like to see those elements in those colours, and I'm sure a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Soak my DSL Line

No /. effects please!!!! <big grin> They'd all be mad that it's an IIS box and then promptly crack my linux router. -john (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New train movie is up on Brickshelf.

That is an awesome layout. Very nice! -- Bob Fay California, USA rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Soak my DSL Line

(...) ROSCO (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Soak my DSL Line

Okay.... I can't seem to find a spot to put our server that I can afford, so since I'm going out of town this weekend, I put the server here in my basement on my dsl connection. I may be checking my yahoo mail (jkelly3@yahoo.com) while I'm in (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New train movie is up on Brickshelf.

I went through the seven movies I shot a picked the one with the least stills and best lighting; a 4565 with cars traveling on the inner downhill ramp then partly uphill. The one I posted of the 4565 goving over the bridge and truss structures had (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Container cranes

(...) I have 4 test photos here: (URL) design has to be rebuilt, so that it can stick out over the water (this is the 4-wide ship-truck crane). Josh P.S. I may bring it to the Great American Train Show in Chicago, if MichLUG can get a spot. (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

John Neal wrote in message <3A832BFD.F599C578@u...st.net>... (...) Yea, I'm just one of those people that likes to ogle over a set in person. Rose (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) You are correct about the cross appeal of trains, which is one reason why LD is interested in them. (...) One point of fact-- remember, LD is about *direct* marketing to consumers, bypassing the retail channel (I assume that is what you mean (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G8G99D.BtE@lugnet.com... (...) Well, I'll do what I can, I've done lobbying for trains before, but I don't know what I can do beyond the scope of what was discussed at the Train (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) Can I ask if something was discussed? I have been thinking about the studios line. Every store is selling the accessory sets, which I think are rather limiting in appeal if you don't have the main set. Why (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) One thing I would take as giving some hope to getting a new type of train driver is that TLC has created special parts which have so far only showed up in a single set, and not even a high volume set. I suspect that if TLC gets a good feeling (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  a jpeg scaling utlitiy for Mac users

I wrote a small drag and drop capable scripting applet that will scale jpegs for us Macintosh users. The script requires AppleScript, which should have been installed when the OS was installed, and Graphic Converter, a shareware image editing (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

To All, Well, I have my own thoughts on this meeting, and I think it was a wonderful move for TLC & LD, and whatever is discussed, I am certainly glad there was an opportunity to do so. As someone who has been here since the beginning, I am hopeful (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

John Neal wrote: snip (...) Who, who, who?! Behind whose back were you talking? Anyone's ears burning? Chris (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) John, I think you got those backwards. If I remember correctly, Steven H. (Vice President in charge of LEGO Shop at Home) described the difference between a 'consumer' and a 'customer'. He described the 'customer' as having a "relationship" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) Hey, don't get us wrong-- we shot for the moon! But Rome wasn't built in a day, and everything we wanted won't be produced tomorrow, and maybe never. But the Romans are breaking ground;-) LTCs and LTDs (LEGO Train Dudes) caught the interest (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) I'm under NDA so can't discuss exactly what was said about what we want. But what do you think? You wouldn't expect that we would have asked for things way different that what we asked for publicly in this group and elsewhere, would you? If (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Oh yes! As an AFOL and an LTC member. (...) Yes, we do, but LEGO Direct is changing the bottom line, if you will. LD has much more flexibility and has different constraints than LEGO directed at retail. Packaging costs, for instance. Look at (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) Gosh, thanks. I wasn't sure whether I could expect that sort of lobbying to be taken seriously! And I've clearly not been into trains for long enough or I would have remembered to mention _matching_brown_doors_. :) I'm a bit disappointed with (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) In what ways was this helpful? -Jon (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Fine with that. I've read everything that's been said, but here's my question: While the future is probably unknown... Did you come away with more of a sense that a) LEGO will be responding to the things you are interested in, or b) LEGO is (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

James Powell wrote in message ... (...) coal (...) A4 (...) a -blast- (...) told my (...) Oh my <drool>. Can I get a footplate pass? Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC Sweatshirts

I have 3 XL NGLTC white sweatshirts for left for sale if anyone is interested in one. They are white with a blue stitched NGTLC logo on the front, the price is $29.00 plus shipping. Let me know if your interested I only have 3 left. jt ---- James J. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) Tell him that he should build Ross Roland a Pacific or two, at that scale, coal fired. (I'm crossing my fingers, and want one pacific in particular, the A4 from Montreal to gravitate west to Vancouver Island. That would be a -blast- to fire up (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G8G2wy.KHv@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) Yea, it's those static parts I don't like either. I'm going to see if there's a Win. version of that movie editing program that Tim mentioned. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

(...) Hmm...well, I'm not a train guy really, I don't know if the Train Summit mentioned those or not. I'll try to print this out though and take it. I don't even know what I want for my top bulk items yet....got a lot of thinking to do between now (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

(...) Hmm. You couldn't drop some hints about tan train windows and brown 1xn bricks whilst you're there too? So many European and colonial* steam-era trains had this sort of colour scheme, and you just can't get the bits in LEGO to do a decent job. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

A lot of John's stuff is over the limit too! J1 and I are convinced he won't be happy until he can built at a 12 inches = 1 foot scale. -john (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Trains

Not much right now. I forgot to post a picture of the front of the boxcar. It has clear windows to allow the RCX to receive IR commands. I have used the Lego remote to control the train. Eventually, the RCX will be the main power for the train and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Trains

Rich, What does the RCX in the box car do? jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Thompson <rich@robotthoughts.com> wrote in message news:G8F6Mo.D05@lugnet.com... (...) but I (...) keep (...) am (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) Hehe... I bet THAT doesn't happen too often. ++Lar (who likes 8 wide but doesn't see it as practical) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) No need to apologize for any delay. I just like to get a feeling for how big everyone is building. I think I caught Nealitis in a big way. Most of my stuff is right at the GMLTC limit, and some of my stuff is over the limit by quite a bit (15 (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Container cranes

(...) All of my freight containers, as well as my flatcars, are on their way to Calgary for the SuperTrain 2001 show this coming weekend. (See (URL) to see some pictures.) I just finished watching a TLC (Learning Chanel, U.S.) program on Heavy (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Re: A revised 7866??

(...) Looks like its just a mindstorms system with a gate. On another note, it looks like i'll be ordering lego dacta soon! I like the Specific Elements for Amusement Park Set. Josh (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  First Trains

I have finally broken down and began to explore Lego Trains. It is hard to convey how much fun I have had the past few weeks ;) My first efforts can be seen at: (URL) haven't mastered the art of capturing the "feel" of a real train yet, but I sure (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) I think we'll have to wait for a DCC system :-( Josh (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

Hey Larry, nice post, I wish that the same would happen with the Town Theme...finding out what kind of direction that Theme is headed in 2001/2002... Isn't it great to have a nice big organization of AFOL's (in the train clubs) to organize a big (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

I have distinct memories of running a 9v train motor on the DACTA capacitor at a WAMALUG meeting last spring. I don't remember the details but the train ran for quite the distance. I think this was the same meeting we were measuring train speed with (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

Thanks for the specs Martin, saved me 15 bucks. Wishful thinking on my part I guess. jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Legault <mlegault@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message news:G8EuIz.BCp@lugnet.com... (...) #1 (...) you (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A revised 7866??

Here's their address (URL) When you get there, go down the page and hit "Mindstorms and ROBOLAB". Then the following page will have some stuff, just look for "ROBOLAB System & Sets" and from there you'll see it! Adrian "Josh Baakko" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) go (...) would (...) a (...) energy (...) The problem is not the amount of energy that the capacitor can keep, it is the voltage that it can withstand between the 2 side. You could try to put 2 capacitor in serie, that would bring you 8V (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) There is no good solution, unless you want to run your train at full speed for interval period in order to charge a big capacitor at 8-9Volts, then reduce the speed of the train and let the capacitor feed the ligth. Using that method the ligth (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Container cranes

I'm working on a "Super container crane", to unload my Container ships, onto trucks, then onto a train. I'll post pictures soone, but it needs heavy modifications to get it to work well. I am planing to build 6 models, 2 for ships-trucks, 2 for (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Re: A revised 7866??

(...) Do you have any pictures? I'd like to see the Dacta set. Josh "Where's the box car door again?" (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) For those who 1) aren't electrical engineers, 2) don't mind using the occasional non-LEGO solution and 3) have some soldering experience, What _would_ be an appropriate specification for a capacitor to do the job described? Just in case (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) Well, if you can keep it at 3V maybe 3 cap's would be able to run the light, or maybe 2, if its hitting 4.5V? Josh "Where's the box car door again?" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

(...) If you are going to use Quicktime, the Sorenson Codec is the best. Just cut the bit rate down fairly low. You can get it with Quicktime Pro. (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) Sorry for the delayed response - I've been busy with other stuff for a while... Those big box cars are 42 studs long and the big hopper is 43 studs. the SD90 is 50 studs long, which exceeds GMLTC's proposed limit by 6 studs, but the real thing (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

there is some spec for the capacitor on TLC web site (URL) 1 F (Farad) 2.5 volt electrolytic capacitor Operating voltage 2.5 normal Charging voltage maximum 4 volt Maximum charging and discharging current 0-250 mA Red LED indicator when fully (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

oups! don't try it or be very carefull. the capacitor is a 1Farad 3Volts max capacitor. that would limit the voltage that you can put your regulator at 3V. If you go past that voltage, you'll end up blowing up your capacitor (quite a messy situation (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A revised 7866??

I was looking through the 2001 Pistco-Datca catalog and when I saw that set #979723, Robolab Cities and Transportation Set, that crossing brought back memories of 7866 (12V era). Anyone have or built something like what's shown? Adrian (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) You'd have to use a diode. Trust me, it is very unlikely that the cap would be able to deliver much in the way of power to drive the train (they only hold a few joules of energy, not much when compared even with the speed of a Lego train). I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) How would you wire it so that it would only light the light? I would think that it would try to drive the train at the same time... Of course, that might be an interesting way to make the train more "speed realistic" - it would gain speed more (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

My Win98 does not play it... what are the bridges like? Amny pictures? Sonnich Adrian Egli <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:G8D09M.94K@lugnet.com... (...) about (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) Josh (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

wessel burgers <wessel_b@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G8DMIC.8M3@lugnet.com... (...) like (...) out (...) Me too, I lately haven't bough that much due to other reasons, but still I also from time to time buy more that just a few. Expensive yes, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7777 Ideas Book

"Michael Pratt" <mpratt@cix.co.uk> wrote in message (...) Nope. (...) Either from <set:7750> or service pack <set:1143> -Frank (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact