 Trains / 9649
Re: First Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:59:01 GMT

Not much right now. I forgot to post a picture of the front of the boxcar. It
has clear windows to allow the RCX to receive IR commands. I have used the Lego
remote to control the train. Eventually, the RCX will be the main power for the
train and allow for RCX control of loading and unloading the freight car. My
plans are for one RCX to control the train and another to control a loading and
unloading area.

I have been looking for examples of wiring a train motor to supply power to the
RCX from the transformer, while still allowing the RCX to start and stop the
train. If anyone has any links, I would love to see how this can be done. I
have seen a web page where the RCX was wired to a motor, but no instructions
were provided. I will probably dive in soon and try to figure it out myself.

Rich Thompson
http://www.robotthoughts.com
http://www.tennlug.com

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
Rich,

What does the RCX in the box car do?

jt

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club

Rich Thompson <rich@robotthoughts.com> wrote in message
I have finally broken down and began to explore Lego Trains. It is hard to
convey how much fun I have had the past few weeks ;)

My first efforts can be seen at:

http://www.robotthoughts.com/article.php?sid=100

I haven't mastered the art of capturing the "feel" of a real train yet, • but I
sure am having a blast. LMKWYT, please.

Also, I am awed by all of the train designs I have seen on the net. Please • keep
posting your creations and know that at least one person (and many more I • am
sure) appreciates the effort.

Thanks!

Rich Thompson
http://www.robotthoughts.com