 Town / 2782
Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:08:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
    I've just espied the trailer for the new ‘Sorcerers Stone’ film,
and it appears to be far more castle-like than town!!!

                    ***Pure speculation:***

With Witches, Wizards, brooms, castle-like buildings, (The school appeared
very castle-like with tapestry and thrown chairs) and many other gloomy
settings. The entire mood and feel of the film leans towards an older more
mature audience with detail and depth. Sorry Town, but very little in the
preview could possible apply to your theme. And for train fans, the Hogwarts
Express is nice and has an important yet small part, but it could still
possible appear as a nice $49.99 set.

Possible future prospects for Lego interpretation are: an Owl (I think this
would be a neat change from the ubiquitous monolith Hake) and the creatures
with the long noses, pointy ears, and beady eyes. (possibly goblins, perhaps
someone could confirm?)Apart from these few items, most of the pieces will
be derived from Castles Fright Knight series (for the Witches, bats, brooms,
wands, and bats) and from the Dragon Masters sets (for the Wizards, scrolls,
and chalices) Also, cauls/hoods the kind the Wolf Pack wore may have a
resurgence.

Overall the trailer appeared nice, and the Lego interpretation (If TLC
doesn’t juniorise) should be dynamic and Star Wars-like. With Watto-like
goblin heads, and chubaca-like covers for Hagrid!

Until I make vapid speculations again, I remain,

                                          --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great-®

      Hi,

         I'm just back from England (where there filming it). I saw in a mag
that they are using a ruined church and surrounding castle for most of it. But
if you like Castle (as I do) Hagrid's house is the set to get (if they make
it). The mock up for the film would make the ideal peasants cottage, it has
a slanted thatched roof and great walls. If they make it like the movie I'm
buying 10.

         God Bless,

                Nan