 Year / 2001 / 812
Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:43:08 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Eric Joslin writes:

Yeah, but over there at least they are released with "adult" covers.  I amanged
to get a set of those. :D

That is right - we have those here too.  They cost £1 more than the standard
paperback.  I don't mind looking silly to save £3 I could be spending on
Lego (as long as it is not Racers!!)

Do you mean the Golden Compass, Subtle Knife and Amber Spyglass books?  I
didn't read them, but my ex-girlfriend loves them.  Well, the first two,
anyway- she refuses to read the last one, even though she managed to get it
before it was published at an event with the author!  She's too scared to read
it, after the second book.

I've still not read them.  Or finished Harry Potter.

eric

I guess the Golden Compass is the US name for Northern Lights (the first in
the series) the other titles are the same.  I can recommend them!  Funnily,
these are available with an adult cover too!

Is it wrong for a 28 year old to be playing with Lego and reading kid's books?!