 Castle / 7589
Re: About Harry Potter minifigs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:35:28 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Kevin Zwicker writes:
During our last meeting, some of my fellow Monlugians (from MonLUG) and I
discussed the upcoming Harry Potter theme due out in November. We were
thinking that it would contain some very cool parts for Castle and Town MOCs.

But then, someone blurted out: "What if the Harry Potter minifigs were made
'Creator' style? That is, legs that are three studs long and look like a
cross between Duplo and Technic figs, and that seem to be all one piece with
hairpieces attached to the head (That is what they look like from the
pictures of the Creator series - I have not seen an actual Creator minifig
up close yet)

Would we still buy the sets?

KZ

Well firstly, I wouldn't buy the sets. I'm more of a collector than a
builder and a set with the creator figures has no interest for me. I think
they are yucky. Yes, yucky.

Secondly, recently on lugnet we heard from some German sources that sounded
credible. The same source also mentioned the dinosaur sets that we have seen
pictures of recently.

Anyhow the report was that the Potter sets will use minifigures, but that
Hagrid will be larger somehow. I have no idea how they are going to do
that.This makes sense to me as the System piece range, typical size and
price ranges seem to mesh with the core Potter audience of 7-12 years.
Creator sets and figures are aimed at a lower age range. I am hoping that
someone will get a glimpse of the Potter sets from either the Nernberg or
New York toy fairs though. C'mon, surely someone is getting in!

just my 2 cents

jonathan