 Castle / 8197
Re: About Harry Potter minifigs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 02:23:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Lill writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Lill writes:

Anyhow the report was that the Potter sets will use minifigures, but that
Hagrid will be larger somehow.

Huh.  Maybe Hagrid will be creator-scale?  That would be pretty cool.  Although
since they use yellow for minifig skin and flesh color for Creator-fig skin,
that could seem weird.

eric

Yeah, my fear is that hagrid will be a big POOP like the Rock Raider
monster. But you never know, a modelled figurine like the dragon with
moveable limbs might not be so,bad maybe. Think of the detailed painting
they've been doing on the minifigures lately. I don't really care what the
other minifigures look like. I am interested to see what the set composition
is and how they resolve this Hagrid issue.

Jonathan

'Course, he could be molded like Sebulba or Chewbacca mini-figs.  From the
trailer he is not a reeaal big actor, just a cinema-angle thing.  I just
hope that the sets are color coordinated to what I've seen in the trailer,
and that *key* locations in the story/book are represented in a more
Town/less Movie Maker tradition.
Expected sets by me:
1)  Hogwarts Castle/School of Magic (Last new castle was 2000/Leo's)
2)  Hogwarts Express Train (New train model due out soon...)
3)  Hagrid's Hut/Cabin (Please!)
4)  Diagon Alley (magic shops & Gringots Gobblin Bank--PLEASE!  PLEASE!)
5)  Quiddich field (no brainer, considering success of Soccer)
6)  Some smaller action sets regarding trials faced by Potter and friends.

Some of these could be broken up into separate units, but I think that TLC's
official statement said that they had agreed to produce 9 sets in
conjunction with the release of the movie.
Here's to hoping they'll revive the Black Knight's suit of armor pieces to
be included with Hogwarts for the, well, Suits of Armor!  Of course!!
Fingers crossed!
Aaron