 Castle / 8198
Re: which is better 6066 or 6077
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:22:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bill Farkas writes:
I have 6077, but not 6066 - waitin' for a good deal on e-bay. 6077 is bigger
definitely bigger than 6066 - but 6066 does look cool for playability. '77
is also GREAT for parts and figs, and it's hinged to open up, which is cool.

I agree, I like 6077 better, it has more parts, an ocean baseplate, and the
black forestmen (I *love* that torso - I use it for Doyle).

6066 comes with a Black Forester's torso, actually. It's where I got mine.
It had Black, Red and Blue as I recall.

6071 IS nice - the forest wench torso was a really cool inclusion.

*Definitely* (my own favorite character, Daphne, is made with the "forest
babe" torso).

I wish I had more of 'em. :)

However,
mine came with the annoying white paint on the plate to deliniate where one
should begin building.

I think all the 6071 sets came with this... I have two copies of that
baseplate, and both have it. Does anyone have the 6071 BP *without* the
white studs? That's interesting. I didn't think they existed.

I don't know if they did or not, really. I just think it's silly.

To me this takes a great deal away from the set,
because I have to think about covering up the white dots if I wish to use
this plate for a MOC.

<nod> True. But to me, the biggest minus of the BP is the fact that *it
doesn't line up with itself*, i.e. two copies of it, put end to end, are off
by - get this - *one* stud. Ugh! I find that really frustrating; it's so
hard to make a good-looking river with just one BP.

Ick... that would suck. For a river, I use the Indian village sets from Wild
West, as well as the river bp's from the Islander's theme of Pirates. I have
a curvey (Or is that meandering??) stream since I have about 5 curved BP's
with water on them... :)

I don't own a 6077, but I do own a 6066 and I love it. It is definately my
favorite of the Forester's/Dark Forester's sets that I own. Probably because
I had to save up to get it as a kid. :)

I have all three of those (6077, 6066, 6071) that I was lucky enough to get
from a fellow AFOL (Andreas Stabno). Pricey, but (IMHO) worth it - and
they're all really sweet.
A downside though is, they have no interior. I was considering adding one,
but then I needed the grey pieces, so I took them all apart... oh well.
Someday, right? ;-)

-Shiri

I'd always looked at 6077 but I never got it. Of the Forester's  sets I have
6054, 6066 and 6071.  While 6066 is my absolute favorite of these three, I
really like 6054 - it was the first set (that I know of) to have the
Forester's shields and it was the "treehouse" I never really had as a kid. :)

I've added an interior to 6054 and 6066 before and placed them on the
cobblestone baseplate from 6374 (They fit perfectly). Generally I preferred
to keep these two sets built and joined up in this fashion rather than
building seperate creations from them. :)

Joel J