 Town / 2783
Re: Newfoundbrick Ferry Services: S.S. Grey Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca.nf
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:30:20 GMT

In lugnet.town, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.boats, Rick Zimmerman writes:
Hi,

Below is a URL to a Ferry I built some time ago, it will be part of a city
named Newfoundbrick.  Let me know what you think.

http://www.geocities.com/rickzee2001/

Bell Island Ferry?

It looks good...of course, it dwarfs my little C26 based collier...

James

Rick, it's great to see a post from the "mystery Newfoundlander"!  From the
size I'd say it's more like the Hamilton Sound, one of the spares that are used
anywhere in the province to replace boats gone for repair.  (I'm trying to find
a picture on the web somewhere but no luck... Bell Island ferry pics are at
http://www.bellisland.net in the Photo Album.)  It's lovely, the details and
all the passengers and crew really make it special!  How many cars does it
hold?  Are there stairs inside?  Looking forward to more recognizable "local
flavour" elements to your city.

(Crossposted to the local group for the benefit of any lurkers there, since the
three posters from Newfoundland have already posted!  Speak up, the rest of
you.)

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey