 Technic / Bionicle / 168
Re: Corrected distribution of Kanohi Masks (8530)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 19:08:22 GMT

I'm guessing that the "infected" coloring would also be available on all 12
masks, so that's 120.  And then there's the "gold" masks, are those even going
to be in general distribution?
Well, I came to the same conclusion and roughly the same number...

What's the pricing of these things?  Throwbot/Slizer discs are US$2 for 5 and
RoboRider wheels are US$2 for 4.  At only 2 masks per bag I'm hoping they price
them lower than that.
Well, in Belgium one bag consist of 2 randomly distributed masks, 1 head, 1
(randomly distributed) 'pair of eyes', and 2 (why 2) length 3 rods.  One bag
costs 89 Belgian Francs, which is roughly about 2 US dollars.

Somebody explain the transparent colors to me, is it that the Turaga's mask
colors are transparent and the Toa's are opaque, or just the Kaukau masks
(Gali's) are transparent due to lack of eyeholes on that one, or what?  In the
pictures of the figures they all look opaque.
The transaparent Kaukau masks (like the one Gali wears) are transparent; the
green, blue (Gali's mask), red and orange ones have a very deep transparent
colour, while the 'white' (which is basically 'plain' transparent and the
brownish/black one don't have a deep transparent colour.  I don't have the
yellow one (which is on the black background) so I can't comment on that,
but it seems pretty transparent...  The Turaga masks are all opaque.

Hope this helps a bit...

Carl