 Technic / Bionicle / 155
Re: Corrected distribution of Kanohi Masks (8530)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:15:08 GMT

Ray Kremer <rkremer@bradley.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: G9I7sG.EJq@lugnet.com...
For once I count myself lucky to be in America where everything comes out last.
By the time we can buy the masks everything should be sorted out, including
these "color misprints".

I do not think that these were misprints - now that Toa masks in Turaga colours and Turaga masks in Toa colours do appear,  I think
we will get 144 different masks after all. The masks are a tremendous success here in Europe. Currently all of the retailers in my
surroundings are out of stock, and they all tell me that they have great difficulties to get new sets in. Currently Lego is not able
(or not willing - to increase the hype?) to deliver new masks - and the Toas are moving fast, too.

And it would be even better IF these "colour misprints" should indeed turn out as misprints. I can already foresee ebay auctions
offering "rare European Kanohi colour misprints" going for $10 a piece... :-) .....still counting yourself lucky? ;-)

So I'm glad that at least ONE TIME a new line is first released in Europe :-)))

brickhead

brickhead's brain: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=toorude

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.....

But this springs a little question: Are there supposed to be only 72
'standard masks' (as the bag says 72 + ?; 12 types in 6 colours) or 144
'standard masks'.  It's because I have Kanohi Matatu in 'Tao colours' and in
'Turaga' colours, so are there 12 types of mask x 12 colors = 144 masks?  Or
are the Kanohi Matatu and Kanohi Ruru in 'Tao colours' 'misprints'?

Oh yeah, I bought my packs in a store in Wijnegem, Belgium.  I noticed that
they were the only toy store in the neigbourhood who weren't sold out of
Bionicle stuff, and they seemed pretty well restocked...  I might just visit
it tomorrow again ^_-

Well, hopefully the 'bad distribution' problems are finally over.