 Technic / 6731
Re: VP of lego direct Q&A Transcript
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:50:51 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Bedford writes:
Brad may not know.  In reading the transcript it almost seemed at times that
he was trying to say, "I'd like to help you, but my hands are tied."  I
suspect his job carries a great deal of frustration with it.

I suspect this is very much the case judging from the tone of the comments.
(I was in the audience at the event.) I think Lego Direct is very much aware
of AFOLs wishes and wants and tries very hard to fit us into TLC's overall
goal of supplying many millions of dollars worth of product to its primary
consumer, purchasers of Lego for kids.

I think Lego Direct wouldn't hesitate to put black beams, or anything else
they could get their hands on that they know AFOLs would buy, on the bulk
bricks menu if they could.

My suspicion is that within the corporate structure of TLC, the priorities
are given to activities with the greatest immediate effect on the bottom
line - they are a business. So creating packages of technic beams, doing all
the paper work of assigning part numbers, prices and inventory tracking all
within the ISO standards they no doubt work too require time and effort they
may not have an abundance of.

The fact that they are even prepared to service us at all is of great value
and I would like to say that I for one greatly appreciate the fact that I
can call up and get parts. There are not many companies left that will even
consider doing that.

I would like to thank Brad Justus and his organization for going to bat for
us!It is most sincerely appreciated.

JB