 Technic / 14334
Re: 8421 first impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:28:15 GMT

On Fri, July 1, 2005 10:17 am, Gyl said:
However, what bugs me the most is the pneumatic element of the set. Has anyone
built this and found the same problem as me - the whole boom comes crashing down
when you release the pneumatic switch!  What's the most elegant way to implement
a gentle hydraulic easing down of the boom instead?

I replaced the single pair of pneumatic cylinders with two pair of pneumatic
cylinders.  It's a very easy change (except for securing the two cylinders
end-to-end)

That allows the boom to hold much more weight, and will change the speed it
retracts.  It doesn't totally solve the problem you're seeing, but a little pratice
with the switch helps...

Steve