 Technic / 10133
Re: and you thought I'd lost my mind when I built a turkey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:24:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, James Loewen writes:
I've got to say, this is very neat! The mechanisms are very well thought
out, and it's got some nice little details. If only there were a way to take
a tiny little camera on board.... :)

In lugnet.technic, Adrian Drake writes:
Heh.  There's actually some space on the underside of the car where I could fit
a microcamera if one was supplied to me.  I don't think I'll be hunting one
down, though :)

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

For the Brickish Association display at LLW, I built an old BBC-style
Outside Broadcast Unit with a minifig cameraman on a cherry-picker hoist.
That had a camera built into the back of the van, looking out of the rear
window.  We had it filming the trains going past and displaying on a
monitor.  A lot of the kids spent ages trying to find the camera.

Look around electronics suppliers, and you should be able to find a
miniature CMOS camera that's 15mm square and about 20mm long, including
lens, plus a little bit for screw and casing lugs.

Expect to pay around $40 for black & white.  You'd have to run that on a
wire though.  Transmitter units are about the same again, though you may as
well buy a colour one with transmitter built in for the money.

Jason Railton