 Technic / 10080
Re: and you thought I'd lost my mind when I built a turkey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:25:59 GMT

I love this!
Nice colors, funny faces of the riders and a good mix of Technic parts and
"normal" parts.

Maybe I have to get out my realy old LEGO train tracks and build a
rollercoaster track?
Not that I have been on a lot of amusment parks, we dont have any so far
north in this country (Tromsø, Norway). But I've seen a lot of pictures, and
with those in my mind and my crazy fantasy I maybe come up with something :)

Thats one thing I like about all you Technic fans, you put ideas in my head,
ideas that I can use to build things with my Technic parts.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message
In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake writes:
How about a fully automated Mindstorms controlled minifig scale Freefall
amusement park ride?  Sound like fun?

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/technic_gravitywell.html

Oh! Welcome back to .technic!

I like!

This MOC have a rich array of neat functions and details but the one that
strikes me the most is the short pause before the drop - now if that won't • get
the adrenaline pumping what will?

I like the selection of faces, I noticed them before you pointed them out • in
the text and I especially like the contrast with the cool guy. I'm • identifying
with him, not that I consider myself a cool guy but he looks like the
adrenaline junkie I've become. Sitting there calmly with a smile on his • face
anticipating his daily dose of adrenaline... Uhm, back to the MOC!

There are three things that makes me *not* wanting to see this scaled up • in a
LEGOLAND theme-park:

1) The forces when the sled is braking after the fall would cause LEGO to • pay
silly amounts of money in damage claims.
2) Those who did not get hurt/die in the brake would surly be broken after • the
next freefall when the sled returns to vertical. More $$$ in damage • claims.
3) When the amusement park inspectors arrive they will claim TLC have • failed to
repair and look after the ride. Why? See the blue horisontal 1 x 16 • Technic
beam that is about to fall off in the bottom of this picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/Technic/gravitywell/dscn0434.jpg
TLC would then be fined even more $$$ and their reputation would be • greatly
damaged.

But if they fix those issues, this would surly be a great ride at any • Legoland
(or other park for that matter).

And I love the colors on this one!

Well done turkey-boy!

Best regards,