 Technic / 10116
Re: and you thought I'd lost my mind when I built a turkey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:35:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:

I was going to ask but forgot, how accurat is it? Will it go on for hours or
will something eventually brake or derail? I remember the roller coaster
derailed a little now and then and they left the minifigs laying as they fell...

It can't run nonstop (the program isn't designed for that), but I've run it for
6 or 7 consecutive loops without failure.  Before I redesigned the car, what
would tend to happen is the roof would come off when the car dropped from
horizontal to vertical, which would cause it to tip over.  The wheels sometimes
do something, I don't know what, and stop rotating as well.  So every few loops
I have to pull the car and do a little maintenance.  I also have to check the
rotation sensors every once in a while to make sure there's no drift in their
values.  If the rotation sensors drift, what'll usually happen is the sliding
mechanism at the top of the tower won't reset quite correctly, and the car will
jump the tracks up there and cause the lift motor to slip horribly, and start
making uncomfortable gear crunching sounds :/

This definitely isn't something I'd be willing to run without supervision :)

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com