 Technic / 10117
Re: Rotary Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:49:55 GMT

what about mazda bringing back the rx-7? sorry off topic, but a technic
piece that looks like a turbo or a supercharger would be cool too.
steven x

The Mazda RX-8 with a heavily redesigned rotary engine is coming back, and
should be arriving in dealerships (in Canada at least) in June 2003.
Rumors are that if the RX-8 sells well, an RX-7 will also return in a few years.

http://autos.en.msn.ca/vip/overview/Mazda/RX-8/new.asp?src=Home&pos=Find

I made a quick and dirty model of the rotary engine, using the internal gear
of the turntable. Unfortunately, it is quite large.  I'll try to post some
pics next month.  The LEGO gearing actually works out perfectly for the
rotary geometry: the 16-tooth idler gear inside the turntable's 24T gear,
yields the required 2:3 ratio.

John