 Technic / 10114
Re: Rotary Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:03:08 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell writes:
I think it would be kinda cool if TLG made a rotary engine to the scale of
the new style pistons. If you don't know what a rotary engine is, see this:

http://travel.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm

Oh well. One can dream, right?

And how about making a second generation 8880 supercar? With 8448 body and
8466 drivetrain + four wheel steering. I think it would be cooler than the 8880.

What about a smaller differential that you only need to add axles to? Or a
real torsen differential the size of the current diff?

Okay, enough of the insane requests. But they would be cool.

How about bringing back technic in full force? With different packs of
parts, like pneumatics, beams, connectors, other assorted parts. Oh yeah,
strengthening the gears, plus a bevel version and clutch version of each.

How about worm gears that mesh correctly for Henry Chea's torsen diff? Bring
back the threaded axles! How about more official models using technic and
regular parts? Well, enough ranting for now. Maybe one day TLG will listen!?!?
what about mazda bringing back the rx-7? sorry off topic, but a technic
piece that looks like a turbo or a supercharger would be cool too.
steven x