 Technic / 10064
Re: Rotary Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:39:15 GMT

Rotary engines are a bit obscure, but they don`t loko interesting in a
finished technic model. Or would be hard to do...

8466 with fourwheel steering? i have one sitting on my desk, rear axle is
built like the front one and it has 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering. The
drivetrain is easier to turn than the original rear end and the 4 wheel
steering took a few different designs to get working well in a way that is
light to turn. I`m just waiting for some parts from bricklink to finish it,
but it is working...

Gerard

"Max Maxwell" <r34_v@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I think it would be kinda cool if TLG made a rotary engine to the scale of
the new style pistons. If you don't know what a rotary engine is, see • this:

http://travel.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm

Oh well. One can dream, right?

And how about making a second generation 8880 supercar? With 8448 body and
8466 drivetrain + four wheel steering. I think it would be cooler than the • 8880.

What about a smaller differential that you only need to add axles to? Or a
real torsen differential the size of the current diff?

Okay, enough of the insane requests. But they would be cool.

How about bringing back technic in full force? With different packs of
parts, like pneumatics, beams, connectors, other assorted parts. Oh yeah,
strengthening the gears, plus a bevel version and clutch version of each.
How about worm gears that mesh correctly for Henry Chea's torsen diff? • Bring
back the threaded axles! How about more official models using technic and
regular parts? Well, enough ranting for now. Maybe one day TLG will
listen!?!?