 Technic / *9381 (-20)
  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

I just thought I would share an interesting experience I had that is related to this subject... In October at our local Toronto area Lego robotics competition, someone brought in a wall climbing robot that had been built by an official Lego designer (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: RoboArm I

Hello all, I've posted pictures of my newest robotic creation, RoboArm I. (URL) actually happend by accident, I was tryin to find the simplest method to drive a turntable using 2 micro motors. I found a solution I was happy with using only a few (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Black beams on Shop at Home

(...) Great news, Mike. FWIW, the set number is 5235 from 1993. At $3.99 it works out as follows based on a $/stud ratio! 2 1x16 bricks $0.59 each 2 1x12 bricks $0.44 each 2 1x10 bricks $0.37 each 4 1x8 bricks $0.30 each Plus shipping, of course. (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ... *my* lego

(...) Well, there is another good argument for not modifying your parts. Chances are, the part in question came from a set. Modifying the part will effectively ruin the set, or ruin the value of the set. (...) There is no flaw with any creation (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Black beams on Shop at Home

Just in case all you Technic heads were interested I came across large technic beams on shop at home. On the technic pull down menu they are under special. Mike (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ... *my* lego

(...) As I said earlier, I'm very tolerant. By no means I was trying to imply that MOCs with modified pieces do not interest me. Of course they do, and I truly appreciate the creativity put into them. But I won't cut or modify *my* Lego pieces for (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cat 980G Series II Wheel Loader (minifig scale)

(...) details. (...) Tell me about it! I've got a new respect for minifig scale builders after doing my crawler crane. (...) Cool! Stay tuned for my next one, too - between us, we could just about set up a minifig construction company! ROSCO (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Cat 980G Series II Wheel Loader (minifig scale)

Well, the first real life pics (sneak peek at the whole thing!) are up! There are also 11 pictures of a Prototype 980G. (URL) bucket hydralics are not exact, but its complicated to do at that size. I think the cab turned out well also. More to come (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) I've gotta disagree here - sometimes finding the best way using modified parts is just as much a challenge as doing it "pure". (Yes, I have used some modified parts - I just don't like to broadcast it!.) So I'd like to see models with minor (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) Name suggestion - call the 'modified' category "MoTeC Unlimited". If you're going to allow modified bricks, though, you should also allow MegaBlox and homebrew robotics parts... --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

Thanks for your comments Rob. The crossed rubber belts are a last ditch attempt to remove the backlash from the joints. The use of friction pins caused the joints to become so stiff that the platform would not follow the action of the arms. I found (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) In support of this, when I made my silver champ, I found that a piece of corrugated tubing was missing. Some time later (about six months) I phoned up Lego and asked if they could send me my missing piece. As the model was packed away, I could (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

Beautiful! I saw that page on parallemic as well... Looks like you did a good job making the lego version! I liked the multiple worm gear setup you used to take up the backlash. Just a couple of questions... What are the crossed rubber bands for? Do (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

I've read all the posts on this subject and in my mind all the arguments reinforce my idea of a two tier Motec. I've had another thought since my earlier post. Purists who wanted to compete against modified models could easily enter the modified (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

There are times when a part must be cut to length. The only offence here is pretending that you did not. This drives others insane when they try to reproduce your MOC. Admit it and document it. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) agullo" (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

Hey, Tobbe, maybe you could just go with a "Spirit" of a contest. You know, the best and coolest MOC wins. People Are gonna vote for what they like anyway. In the end do the specs really matter if people are gonna vote with different perspectives in (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) What paper do you recommend? I picked up a pack of Birdcage-Rated scrap at the local Office Depot, and I pretty much got what I paid for. I didn't want to drop an additional $20 on an unknown product, though. For that matter, what kind of (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

In lugnet.technic, Brian Sadowski writes: Hmmmm.....Good Point. E (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GvqwI4.Kor@lugnet.com... (...) Why (...) I think TJ said it all with respect to cutting pneumatic tubing; there are simply some parts where being cut to length is by definition part of (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) I've slid a bit, I guess. I still don't like cutting of elements (although maybe if it was done by someone else that had a computer controlled milling machine!) but I now fully support (as in, I use them in my production custom sets): - custom (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact