 Storage / *130 (-20)
  Re: Workspace

Perhaps a Princess... wrote in message <36424860.21934706@2...63.236>... (...) Clearance? Depends on what you plan on doing on said matress... ;-) Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) I've been considering doing this with my queen bed, but my ceiling is only 8' :( How much clearance is needed over the bed? Can the boxsprings be jettisoned if you have a board underneath the mattresS? Sarah (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) What is a MDF? Is this a bedstand you made yourself? (...) What is a CoD? Sarah (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Clear plastic "tackle boxes"

I use the Plano brand......Why?? Well the sell those in different depts that will allow you to have several big wheels or wings in these or super small pieces and still they stack on top of each other saving some room. I have several and enjoy them (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Clear plastic "tackle boxes"

(...) can (...) about (...) I use something similar to these, they ARE clear plastic, but they are "Popular Mechanics" brand and are sold for small parts in the tool department of WalMart. Some movable dividers, and the same "nest a row together lid (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Clear plastic "tackle boxes"

(...) Yes, Plano are the ones I use as well, thought there are others. (...) inside? (...) I am currently in the process of developing stickers for each end and front that describe the contents of each. Had not thought about including the Logo. . . (...) (26 years ago, 1-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Clear plastic "tackle boxes"

Barry McFarland wrote in message ... (...) Are these the PLANO boxes? If so, I heartily endorse them! They almost seem designed for LEGO elements, especially Technic! Hmmmm, what about some custom stickers that say LEGO inside, sorta like Intel (...) (26 years ago, 1-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) When I lived in Manhattan I built (1) a queen size loft bed and the space under it became part of my living room. I didn't want a post in the middle of the room, so we put three of the posts at the corners of the bed and for the corner that (...) (26 years ago, 1-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Clear plastic "tackle boxes"

Does anyone else use these flat, clear plastic, fishing tackle boxes for storing lego. I have about twenty of them now. You can sort each box by piece types (slopes, inverse slopes, round(ed) elements, 1Xn plates, etc.) while still being able to see (...) (26 years ago, 1-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

TooMuchDew <wtoenjes@PioneerPla....infi.net> wrote (...) It's a known solution. I've tried to get Sanjay to let me build him one, but he wimped out. I get out of it by having lots of space in my room dedicated to Lego. But my ceiling is high enough (...) (26 years ago, 1-Nov-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Sorting

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) 1782 (...) Blasted mainlanders. We don't even have that set out here. Had to get one shipped in. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

mild mannered Thomas Main wrote: >SNIP< (...) Is it just me or does this solution sound a little TOO much like something out of a superhero comic book? Bruce Wayne's alter ego has a full crime lab hidden in the trunk of his car—Thomas has a LEGO (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Sorting

Seedling starter trays work great for sorting and they are cheap too. I picked some up at a garage sale that are 4 compartments long x 7 compartments wide that are almost sturdy enough for a permanent storage solution except they are too wobbly to (...) (26 years ago, 28-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) <snip> (...) My NLS and I live in a two bedroom apartment. My dad gave us his bedroom furniture when he moved so we have cabinets with glass doors. It really cuts down the dust. The two big cabinet fits two big baseplates rather nicely, and (...) (26 years ago, 28-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Sorting

(...) Bingo. ++Lar (26 years ago, 28-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) Loft-beds are also useful for providing large amounts of storage space. Not a lot of talent is required to build them, just make sure they are sturdy! But lofts do require a tolerant attitude from anyone involved. When we lived in an apartment (...) (26 years ago, 28-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) Very creative use of space! I espesially like the building hieght restrictions. I actually gave up regular 'O' sacle trains because the premenent track required so much space. Now we set up the LEGO train on thin masonite boards that are cut (...) (26 years ago, 28-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) It's only because my son like Lego so much that we have a Lego room, his bedroom. All other rooms in the house are designated non-Lego. Just keep aquiring Lego, and sooner or later you'll move to somewhere where the prices of houses are (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) <SNIP> (...) I wonder if any of you have thought about bunk beds? I know at least one person who uses a bunk bed, sleeps above and uses the bottom for his layout and the under bed for storage. It may not be an ideal situation unless you're (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Workspace

(...) I'd like to share Ed's grumbling :) I also live in an apartment and my Lego space is relegated to some shelves behind a door and a little closet space. I think I've made the most of this space, though. I have 9 20" x 30" felt covered boards (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact