 Star Wars / 9756
Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 18:45:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Erik Olson wrote:

With the Ewoks, Leia was their advocate--she begged you to consider their
good
qualities. Qui-gon Jinn never had a connection with the little Gungan twerp.
Plus, you could negotiate with an Ewok and they were rather intelligent.
There
is nothing pleasant about watching stupid Jar-Jar get his tongue nearly
shredded
by a 9-year old's jet engine. At least Ewoks have survival skills.

"Ewoks have survival skills"?  You're talking about a race that has
wood-and-leather hang gliders, which they use in dense forest, against
high-tech weapons.  Sounds fairly insane to me.

Almost as insane as the fact that they won.  Bleh.

Steve

But you must admit they had more of an emotional range than JarJar. I remember
feeling sorry for the young Ewok who was wailing over his dead parent (I assume
it was a parent, if not, it was a relative or friend). Where watching TPM I
felt sorry that JarJar was not sucked into the Pod Racer's engines.

Also don't forget the Ewoks captured the Rebels. The Gungans hid.

And finally, I would rather give an Ewok teddy bear to my niece than a JarJar
doll.

Jude